“BE AWARE OF THE FAIR BRIDGE INN”

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Reviewed 21 May 2014

in town for a funeral may 10, 2014

THE GOOD: the staff was kind enough to let us in our room early so we could prepare for attending a funeral. the loby looked decent and clean. room had a nice flat screen tv, mini fridge and microwave. Towels were bright white and bed linens were comfy and clean. matress was spotless clean (yes i checked) mine shampoo/soap smelled great.

The Bad: Mold on bathroom ceiling, toilet had a ring like it hadn't been used in a while. ceiling vent was full of dust. room phone didn't work, so we had to walk to front desk to request more towels. There was a dead but in the corner of our room along with a spider on the wall.when we entered the room it had a musty smell, but at least it wasn't a cigarette smoke smell. The worst part of our experience was the FREE breakfast. We went to the hotel restaurant about 9am. No staff was there to greet us. several other guests seated themselves and were also waiting for a staff member. once we found someone we had to ask for our order to be taken. after ordering we were informed that there was no food available, but the manager was at the grocery store buying food. We ate elsewhere. Over all impression is that this hotel lacks experience and is very unprepared for business.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor. there is no elevator in this hotel.be prepared to tote your belongings...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mrskaren2014

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I booked a room at FairBridge Inn & Suites for this past weekend. I booked through hotels.com, and had a confirmation from the website. When I showed up at the hotel, I was told that my reservation had been cancelled, and then was told that the hotel had been booked "for weeks" (even though I had made my reservation 2 days prior to traveling). While showing the concierge my confirmation, another guest came to the counter to complain that the room she had been given smelt like marijuana, the beds weren't made, and it looked like the room was still being used by someone. The concierge basically told me there was nothing he could do, and that I had to contact hotels.com. He offered no help whatsoever, and sent me away with no place to stay, 9 hours from my home. (I also contacted hotels.com, who were equally as unhelpful, and was told since I selected the "pay at hotel" option, they could not help me because the hotel was the billing party... each party was unwilling to help.) This was literally the WORST hotel experience I've ever had. It was clear the hotel overbooked (there was a baseball tournament in town and a lot of the hotels were fully booked for the weekend), but they did nothing to rectify the situation. Who does that? Especially being in the service industry... kicking a family out in the middle of the night, not even offering to help look for another available hotel (the ordeal started at about 1:30 AM, after arguing with the concierge we finally left just after 2 AM)... I am not familiar AT ALL with Jonesboro, had no clue where to begin my hotel search in the middle of the night, and none of this was FairBridge Inn & Suite's problem.
Luckily, we found a very friendly and helpful concierge at Candlewood Inn & Suites, and we were able to book their last available room. It was on a smoking floor, but at that point, I was just grateful to have a bed to sleep in!

Room Tip: Call the hotel to confirm your reservation - even if you have a confirmation, they will sell your ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kristen127
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Tried reserving a room for 3 days and their computer system has been down and people were rude. Couldn't even book a room, Then their website says there is a Senior Citizen Rate, And I called to make the reservation and they told me their was not even a Senior Citizen Rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
FairBridgeinnsales, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Kasey S.,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your several attempts to book a stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, we were having some internal issues with our booking system which we have since remedied. Thank you for bringing to our attention the discrepancy between our corporate website and our property's listed rate plans. This issue has been resolved as well. I am pleased to tell you we do indeed offer a discount for our Senior guests at the property as well as online.
We always try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable and friendly accommodations. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your experience with us, and regrettable you were not able to stay with us. Please know that I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the honor of hosting you in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at the Fairbridge Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn) for a business conference this past October. I had stayed here five years ago for the same conference when it was the Holiday Inn. It was an older property five years ago and in need of renovation. I saw no changes in the property other than it was even more rundown than before and in greater need of renovation. The one plus was that the staff members were very friendly and helpful.

I am on the board of directors of another organization that had booked the Fairbridge for a conference for April, 2014. After this visit I strongly recommended that we cancel this booking and get another location. The board voted to cancel and we rebooked at a hotel in Springdale which could accommodate our conference on the same dates in April.

If you are planning on staying at the Fairbridge Inn because it has a much lower rate than other hotels in Jonesboro, be forewarned. It was not worth the lower price for me to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
fbisjones, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Razorfish,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our staff. However, we’re sorry that you did not find the property up to standards and that we were unable to host your future event. We have made many changes since your stay in regards to banquet events and have made plans for several upgrades to the property. I hope that in the future you would consider staying with us again.
I see that you mention that you are on the board of another committee that originally booked with us. I would like to offer you a complimentary stay with us once those upgrades have been made so that you can see all the positive changes made for yourself and hope that you give us another chance to show your group that we are indeed the premiere spot for all banquet events.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've stayed at this property multiple times during the holidays because I have family in Jonesboro. Last year the property had switched from Holiday Inn to Fairbridge Inn and Suites. I knew I was in trouble when I pulled in this year and the temporary banners were still hanging over the top of the Holiday Inn signage. It is a pet friendly hotel which is one of the reasons we always chose to stay there. When I went to check in it became apparent I was booked into a non pet room. The clerk (who was friendly, just obviously not trained) spent 30 minutes looking for an available room. As in walked away from the desk to physically walk to the rooms while the phone ran non stop looked for a room. It appeared he was the only one working on Thanksgiving night and this is a large property. Finally he checked me into a room. When I arrived at room 137 something told me to check it out before unpacking the car. The room he gave us had absolutely no linens on the bed and a box of eaten hot wings on the nightstand. I returned to the front desk and asked for a refund so we could stay in another location. He told me I couldn't be refunded b/c I booked through Expedia. I left anyway because there was no way I could stay there at that point. Do yourself a favor and go to the Comfort Suites - the clerk was so helpful to get us in after this disaster and their rooms were clean and comfortable. I don't see this property doing anything but closing if this is what they are offering a year after purchasing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Laura B,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior. We have made several changes to the way housekeeping services are handled as well as the way all online reservations are handled. We apologize for the inconvenience you were caused and hope that you will give us another chance should you have any lodging needs in Jonesboro. I would like to research any fees you may have incurred, therefore I have sent you a private message.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I'm from this area and my husband and I have repeatedly been to this hotel when it was the Holiday Inn. I chose it because in the past we were so pleased and they are pet friendly and we were able to stay with our Shih Tzu with a pet fee, which we gladly paid. I wasn't told they had changed hands. There was a makeshift Fairbridge Inn and Suites sign placed on top of the Holiday Inn sign. We were fairly sure we even had the same room we had the last visit. The bathroom was moldy. That's all there is to it. The ceiling and tub as well. The floors dirty. Caked dirt in the corners. The toilet was apparently leaking from the wax ring as when we flushed a few times the floor became wet and this was well before we showered. The tub looked like it needed a good scrubbing, good thing we are shower people and not bath, there would be no way I'd sit in it. Mold was even underneath the soap dishes and faucet on the tub. We took pictures and showed them to the attendant at the desk (oh, and he was shocked), we weren't going to do that, but even though they have a coffee maker in the room, all we had was decaff and he just told us he'd have to tell housekeeping and this was at 6:00 am and there was none at the desk. He offered us coffee from the lobby, which my husband retrieved, but it would have been nice to have coffee before going out. I can't say that any of the staff was rude, they weren't, but we won't be there again. It is hard to sleep when you expect something crawling on you. Really disappointed and we are uploading 'samples'. I should have questioned the price as it was $30.00 cheaper than before, I just thought it was because the holiday was over. There were far fewer vehicles in the parking lot than on our previous stays. My mistake. We would have gladly paid the previous price for the clean room we had before. Forgot this, cobwebs and dust in the vents. I don't have allergies, but I pity anyone staying there that does.

Room Tip: Don't even go there.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mary E

Mary E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. Needless to say, I was truly disappointed when I saw the pictures of the condition of the room in which you were given. It is always our goal to provide, affordable yet clean and appealing rooms for our guests. I am pleased to tell you that since your stay, we have made major changes in our housekeeping department and am confident, that if given a second chance, you would be as pleased as I am. Again, thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The room I was in (215) had missing light bulbs, and the filter for the central heat and air unit was overdue for replacement. The bathroom was really dirty (toilet and shower). Other than the mini pillows the bed was comfortable. I guess you get what you pay for... Unfortunately. It seems like to get a decent room now a days you'll have to pay over $100.:(

• Stayed: November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained as it is our goal to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and inviting accommodations. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us, and regrettable you were not satisfied with cleanliness of the room you received. We have made several changes to our housekeeping and preventative maintenance procedures and look forward to showing you our many improvements on your next stay here in Jonesboro.