“Filthy and Dirty”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
Madisonville, Kentucky
“Filthy and Dirty”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

staff on night shift was very curt and nervous acting because there was 2 or 3 registering. She then apologized and was nicer. the staff on 2nds was very rude and hateful to our daughters then lied when confronted about it told 2 different stories when husband asked. the rooms were very dirty beds nasty floors filthy bugs crawling around.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank P D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Crawfordsville, Iowa
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am just letting everyone know that this motel has ROACHES............ Would not recommend this hotel I don't care how cheap it is. We also wanted to have double beds and the lady gave us a single. While my husband was trying to fix this it is when my Sister-in-law noticed the bugs and showed me and I couldn't get out fast enough.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Joyce D
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed in Jonesboro one night and had a pleasant stay at the Motel 6. It was fine. It was cheap. I just found it odd that they didn't include a shampoo, left a nearly-depleted toilet paper roll for starters in the bathroom, and didn't tell this youthful guest upfront that wireless was not included in the room rate (it's $3 a night) despite the fact he said he needed to work on some projects that evening.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank RoadTripToSFO
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here as a stop on our way to Missouri, I just wanted a clean motel cheap to sleep for the night. I read several reviews on motels in Memphis and knew I didnt want to stay in any of them so looked further out and found this one. It was a very pleasant surprise. We got in pretty late (around 9:30 PM) and checked into our room. All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful, check in was a quick process which I was very thankful for since I had been up for 40 hours driving! We found our room quickly and got in, the room was cool, clean and very nice for $ 50 bucks!! The beds were actually fairly soft and comfortable (just how I like them) and the pillows were also very soft and fluffy, clean sheets... now one thing was there was ONLY a shower in our room and the floor of the shower looked to have some sort of stain in the bottom of it, but I just put a wash cloth down and stood on it and I was fine. ONe other thing was we only had one towel in our room and there were 3 guest so I took a shower but my daughter and her friend decided to just wait. Im sure though if I had called and requested towels they would have brought them to me but I didnt so no big deal. All in all this was a GREAT room in a really good location; (state police station right around the corner) and IHop right across the street; very quiet which was a nice surprise as it was a Saturday night, with a GREAT price! I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Tapestrys30
Madisonville, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We are Glad we only had to stay one night because the room was infested with fleas. we have stayed there before and it was a whole lot better than this last time. We took our dog who travels with us everywhere we go he had just had his bath and flea treatment the day before we arrived and did not have fleas but we were there for about four hours and he started scratching he scratched so much that he was bleeding. Ws checked to see what was wrong with him and he was covered with fleas in that short length of time, and they were also on the beds.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank P D
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Glad we only stayed one night here.....Took almost 30 mins to check in...The room was tiny and smelled like a wet dog!! No soap, no shampoo and no wash cloths in the bathroom. Our room was on the second floor by the stairs...We didnt get any sleep because people was sitting on the steps drinking and talking all night. Our curtains wouldnt close all the way and we could see people walking back and forth. It was very annoying!!.....I won't be coming back and I don't recommind staying here!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed 10 June 2011

This is a nice clean motel room for the cheapest place in town. No frills - bring your own hairdryer and don't expect a relaxing bath -other than that - well worth the thirty-something price.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business