“Starting to Show Wear”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Jonesboro
mississippi
“Starting to Show Wear”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The sleeping rooms are starting to show wear - dings on the furniture and stains in the bathroom tile. The ac was the old style floor unit that was really loud and during a very rainy week - could not keep up with the humidity. The moisture smell in the room was very strong.The parking lot sign indicating the hotel was not responsible for your car was an unwelcome greeting. I experienced no problems - but not a welcoming feeling upon arrival.
The tv and free internet both worked well. The free breakfast was very good with good selections. The orange juice there was more like orange drink - so not the normal I expect. The verrrry small cups required several trips.
My room was on the highway side of the building - but never heard road noise - I expect because the AC noise covered it.
There are several hotels in this area. I will probably try the Hampton Inn next visit. It is time for some room work at the HI Express.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank engineer64
Lisa W, General Manager at Jonesboro Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear engineer64:
Thank you for taking the time to give us your thoughts about your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express in Jonesboro. I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, as well as the free internet. My apologies that your room was not up to standard with what you expect from Holiday Inn Express. We are in the process of updating all of our air conditioning units and some of the furniture inside of the rooms. We would love to have you stay with us again so you can benefit from all of the improvements we are working so hard to make. Thank you again for your review; it is valuable opinions like yours that help us have Great Hotels, Guest Love.

Lisa Watson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one Saturday night. The front desk young man was nice enough to change our room from a king to a double at no extra charge. The foyer of the hotel was updated with modern furniture and ceramic tile floors with a "wood look" to them. The blue patterned indoor outdoor carpet in the breakfast area was dingy with food ground into the carpet. The dining area had an odor. Our room was on the first floor and had a slight odor also. My daughter wore white socks and they were black on the bottom by the time we left the hotel. The AC unit in our room put off very humid cool air. So much to the point that the bed linens felt damp. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa W, General Manager at Jonesboro Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear JBSLA:
Thank you for your candid review of The Holiday Inn Express. We work hard every day to ensure that all of our guests have a positive stay with us; I apologize that your experience was not up to par with what you expect at Holiday Inn Express. We have made recent updates to our foyer/common area, and I am glad that you were impressed with the work we have done there. Our front desk is focused on full customer service satisfaction, and I am pleased that they were able to change you to your preferred room type. When it comes to breakfast, we are making daily strides to ensure our guests’ breakfast experience is exceptional, and I do apologize that yours was not. We would love to invite you back to stay with us and allow us to prove that we are committed to the 100% satisfaction of our guests.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I spent a night at the Holiday Inn Express in Jonesboro.
Was pleasantly surprised at the sincere and helpful attention of the staff.

Was particularly impressed with Darin who was manning the front desk.
I am a light sleeper and had requested a change of the room that was initially assigned to me.
Darin took the trouble to find me a room that would be really quiet. Gave me a room on the 3rd (top) floor, furthest away from the elevator and also furthest away from the highway that is near this property.

Appreciate the thought and effort that went into ensuring that I get a good nights rest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lisa W, General Manager at Jonesboro Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear ER84:
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Express in Jonesboro. It is one of our goals to make every guest’s stay a wonderful experience. I apologize that the first room wasn’t to your liking and am pleased that our front desk associate was able to move you to a room that better fit your needs. It is our pleasure to make sure all of our guests are happy and well taken care of. I am glad you were able to get a great night’s rest during your stay with us. We look forward to the next time we are able to provide Great Service Guests Love to you.

Heber Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My stay at this Hotel was very enjoyable! The Front Desk employee's were very friendly and helpful. I liked the fact that they called the room after we checked in to make sure everything was okay with the room and if we needed anything to make our stay better. They were very busy with it being graduation at ASU but this did not take away from their interest in our comfort. The Continental breakfast was great everything was fresh and they did not run out of food. I feel this is a great place to stay if you are in the Jonesboro area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always count on HIE to be a great place to stay. it's always clean, well decorated and the staff is very pleasant. we highly recommend you search and stay (affordably) at Holiday Inn Express wherever the journey takes you!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Heber Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in town to attend the ASU graduation. When we arrived we were greeted with a smile and very friendly employees at the front desk. Check in was simple and quick. Our room was nice and clean and all around comfy. The continental breakfast was great as well. Many options to choose from and the staff helping during breakfast was exceptionally friendly even through the craziness due to how busy they were and they made sure that all options of food stayed stocked during the rush. Friendly staff, great rooms and wonderful breakfast, what more can I say then if you are planning a visit to Jonesboro you need to stay at the Holliday Inn Express!!

• Stayed May 2014
Tunica, Mississippi
Reviewed 1 April 2014

To start things off, when we opened the door to our room, the smell of old mustiness invaded your nostrils. To top it off, our event was canceled due to weather, hotel refused to refund $$ for 2nd nite. To make it WORSE, I paid cash upon checking out and still got charged $188 plus change! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Beds are hard as BRICKS!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank jacque b
Lisa W, General Manager at Jonesboro Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Jacque B,
I apologize your stay was not up to par with what you expect from HIE. We have been hearing great things about the new heat and air units that have dry settings which do wonders for the Arkansas humidity this time of year. I will personally check out this issue in the room you received. Also, I hate to learn that your event was cancelled. We want all of our guest to enjoy the activities that have planned for their stay. Feel free to contact the hotel directly next time you are in town and the front desk will be able to give you many rate options that have more lax cancellation times than the group blocks. Lastly, you should see the 188.00 charge back on your card. As soon as we receive cash from a guest we release all funds held on the card immediately. If your statement does not reflect this please contact me directly and I will make sure the situation is rectified right away.
Thank you for your candied review as it is your comments that help cultivate our staff and service culture. I hope the next time you are in Jonesboro you will give the Holiday Inn Express the chance show you what Great Service Guest Love mean to us.

Holiday Inn Express Jonesboro