“Food was good, service less so”
Review of Sir Max Hotel

Ranked #26 of 32 Restaurants in Kumasi
Description: restaurant at Sir Max Hotel in Kumasi, Ghana
Description: restaurant at Sir Max Hotel in Kumasi, Ghana
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We ate lunch at the Sir Max today on the recommendation of our innkeeper. The restaurant has a pool-side outdoor seating area which was pleasant, and was busy on a Sunday afternoon. Our food was good: the baba ghanouj and tabouleh were excellent, in fact, as was my tilapia: grilled and spicy if a bit bony by US standards. The main problem was the extremely slow service. Our party of four was served on entree at a time over a two hour wait. Perhaps this is Kumasi standard, but was inconvenient and rude by western standards. We would have ordered things to share had we known of this approach to service.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I am a student of knust first year.i ordered for shisha and the waitress lied about it being finished..and asked me questions about my age and asked for identification cards ,it was very insulting.she was very rude in serving me and my friends. .the full chicken is dry and burnt.the waitress is fair and tall..talk to her or else all your customers would leave...most of us are students, it doesnt mean are kids. Thank you

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The food took an abysmal time even in Ghanian standards. 45 minutes for fried rice...a separate 45 for their Lebanon plates. It took another 15 minutes to box our food to get it take out. Results to an hour and a half of sitting around.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The service is pretty slow, although faster if you're nice to the staff and throw out some Twi. The half roast chicken with garlic cream and the fried plaintain are great!

Love the plastic dolphins throwing up water in to the pool. Very salubrious.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Ouahhhh ! what a nice surprise ! No words to describe my feelings last Friday night when I ended up at Sir Max for dinner ! Excellent homous served in great place ! Thank you Sir Max !