“Brilliant Hotel!”

Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Kumasi
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel!”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This was my first time visiting Ghana, and this hotel is an excellent place to stay for your visit. My friend and I visited for one week, and everyday we felt welcomed and were greeted by everyone with a smile.
The room was clean and spacious, which was cleaned daily including fresh sheets. Breakfast was included in the price we paid, and ate in the restaurant in the evening. The price for a meal for two and a drink each ranged from £7 - £10, and was fantastic quality. As a vegetarian, food is often limited however I could find something different to eat each day. The staff were extremely quick to help us if we had a problem, such as the bulb went out in the bathroom, and as soon as we told the reception staff, it was changed immediately.
Overall, I was recommend Wadoma Royale, and would be coming back when I visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tiffany1988

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana
Reviewed 24 May 2012

A visit home from a long stay in the United States turned a luxury for me. Thanks to the elegantly sophisticated three star hotel in kumasi in the Ashanti region of Ghana. From my time of reservation to the check-in until departure, i was treated like a KING and i felt so elated. The staff are generally nice and always seen wearing beautiful smiles as they try to go the extra mile to satisfy me.The food was great especially the wadoma special rice. They really have a great menu and Sam "the Chef" was such accommodating as he will always go all out to get me what i asked for even if not in their menu. The room was always neat, clean and fresh. I recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Ghana- Kumasi.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Richard A
london
Reviewed 14 April 2007

Wadoma Royale Hotel
[--]

This hotel which is at the top end of the quality hotel range is in Kumasi which is an Ashanti region of Ghana. If you wish to visit this region I would recommend using city link, short haul flight from Kotoka airport in Accra straight to Kumasi Airport. The flight only lasted about 45 minutes which was a blessing compared to the 5 hour trip if you use the STC coaches which we used year before last. The flight cost per person was $75.

I stayed several days at Wodoma with my wife( she’s an Ashanti) and child during our visit to Ghana from the 4th of April to the 13th of April. Our room was a double room for $55 a night. Room facilities included remote controlled air conditioning, TV showing Sky news, en Suite bathroom, small fridge and a balcony, breakfast included in the price.

Within the grounds of the hotel could be found a swimming pool (about 18 metres long) bar, restaurant, conference hall, pizzeria and small internet café.

Food available ranged in style from Chinese, Ghana recipes to European. Comparing food and drink to other restaurants we visited I would say the food was of high quality and very reasonable in price, especially considering the environment you have the pleasure of eating in. For instance two kebab sticks cost only 24,000 Cedis which is less than £2.
The current rate of exchange is about 17,000 Cedis to the pound or around 9,000 Cedis to the Dollar.

I have quite a sensitive “English stomach” but had no tummy upsets at all during the entire vacation.

Staff were found to be polite and obliging; breakfast could be served in your room, in the restaurant or poolside., Nana Aidoo took the time to enquire if we were happy and asked if there was anything else we needed, so management are proactive in making sure your happy.

Ghana is experiencing some erratic electric supply at times but the hotel has just replaced its old generator while I was there with a “plant generator “from Belgium I noted, so no problems should there be a “lights off” period.

A small kiosk shop about 20 yards from the hotel sold bottled water and basic provisions. A car with driver can be hired from the hotel at about $100 per day; alternatively mini cabs can be flagged down from the bottom of the road about 500 yards from the hotel. The hotel can also arrange tours to animal parks and other places of historic interest.

Stayed April 2007