“Friendly staff, good for business”

Golden Tulip Kumasi City
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Kumasi
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stay at this hotel fairly often when travelling with my husband for business. The hotel has everything you need for a business trip, and a basic but nice pool to lounge at and get tan. There are also tennis courts. The food is average, but on the weekend they have a great evening buffet outside with a selection of traditional Ghanaian foods and international foods, and a live band. The rooms are clean and basic. The superior rooms are a lot better than the standard rooms and I think it is definitely worth the extra. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and move at a slightly faster pace than other hotel staff I have experienced in Ghana. They always remember your name and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. There is also a little casino at the hotel which can be fun if you like to gamble. I wouldn't stay in any other hotel in Kumasi and it is definitely in the top 5 hotels in Ghana.

Room Tip: Pay extra for Superior rooms
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I BECAME AS IF I WAS A KING . THEY CARE AND SERVE US WELL. THEY ALSO HAVE VERY CHEAP DRINKS AS COMPERED WITH OTHERS. it was a wonderful place the servers were very fast
can respond promptly. one must be there to experienced the good and friendly people of kumasi.

Room Tip: almost all the room was fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joab890
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I loved this hotel because I was dead tired after travelling 2000km at a stretch in northern Ghana by road and finally found a nice place to take a good shower and a good bed to sleep. It was late afternoon when we reached at hotel. The tired looking reception clerk behind the desk gave two rooms and my colleague used her connection and we were immediately given two nice rooms in the executive floor. That was a good start. Then a smiling gentleman appeared and told us that there would be BBQ dinner with live band at the pool side. One boy took us to our rooms and quickly checked if everything was all right and quickly disappeared without even waiting for the tips. I took some photographs of the in and out of the hotel room. It seemed that the hotel was located in a very nice place. I liked the parking side more than the other sides, my photos are a proof.
The BBQ dinner was good with lots of other food. We sat next to the pool. It was a bit windy and table cloths were flying around for sometime. The waiters were a bit slow to pull them back in to places. It seems their minds were in some other places. When my colleague asked for something, they passed her as if they did not hear her. Later on they came. It was a bit funny.
The rooms were clean and nice. However, I did not find the bed very attractive or enticing, but it was not bad either. I could sleep nicely in the cool air conditioned room, despite the loud music coming from the live band since I was very exhausted.
The receptionist wanted me to give cables for internet but I did not take it as I used my iPad which got WiFi connection easily and I could surf my Facebook.
The special rate which we paid for the room was 152 USD which was not bad. I did not have much time to explore other facilities of the hotel. Wanted to have some rest which I had nicely.

Room Tip: Top floors are better than the lower level floors. You may have views of generators only.
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Only stayed here for one night. It is clean and comfortable, very modern looking. The service is slow-I checked out the night before I left and it took over an hour. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are nice. They dont have wifi, you will need to get a cable at the front desk but they have limited ones available, if you are planning to be there long term bring your own. Overall, everything in the room worked-lights, hair dryer, iron. Couldnt really complain.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We booked here as it is reportedely the best hotel in Kumasi. Were greeted upon arrival by rather sullen and inefficient staff, who informed us that key cards were not working and we would need to be escorted to our rooms by someone. This problem lasted for the next three days. Although machine failure is understandable, what was not was the fact that they didn't seem to anticipate needs--so every time we came into the hotel they seemed surprised by our need for being escorted and we had to wait some time for someone to show us to our rooms. The rooms were nicely appointed, although you had to be a contortionist to take a shower in the small enclosure and the bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever encountered, with springs that poked you at all angles. The minifridge, which had a price list on top, was also empty. We awoke after our first night to a note saying that they would be fumigating hallways from 10-12 to get rid of pests and rodents (not a reassuring feeling). Breakfast was included in the room rate, but was not very exciting and tables were never set. When you asked for silverware or a coffee cup they told you to take it off another table, but sometimes what you needed was impossible to find. On the plus side, the hotel did have the amenities you expect in a hotel frequented by foreign visitors, including ATMs and a car service, which was reasonably priced. We hired a drive for a day's outing and although he was quite sullen and didn't really know where he was going, he did eventually get us to our desired destinations and back to the hotel safely. The hotel is also quite conveniently located and in a quiet area. I'm rating the hotel three stars, but feel this is quite a generous rating for a hotel that is supposed to be 4 star.

Room Tip: May want to ask for one away from the restaurant and pool area as they blare quite loud music in thi...
Reviewed 20 February 2012

However enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which had a delightful spread of fruits amongst other things. Also sitting by the pool with continuous supply of drinks was good.
The rooms were nice and clean, bathroom shower was good, nice pressure and good hot water. All in all our stay was alright ish, The snag for me was our dinner order, was quite not right.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the golden tulip hotel in kumasi.Room was impeccably clean, Room service was prompt & customer service was remarkable.

• Stayed: January 2012