“The most courteous, professional and attentive staff I've met!”

Golden Tulip Kumasi City
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Kumasi
Buckton, United Kingdom
“The most courteous, professional and attentive staff I've met!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Having been to Kumasi in 2013 it was exciting to return in 2014. This time with more time and opportunity to explore the City and the Region. I was met, as last year, with a most accomodating staff at the Golden Tulip which has become my new home in Kumasi. Today's visits will include the Palace and the Komofo Anoyke Sword. That's just for starters. Many other places will follow.

I am having a great time.

I've been to a few hotels in Kumasi, and I can honestly say that the staff here outshines all outshines all others. I've never met such attentive and courteous staff without the pandering. The accommodation are also great, and the buffets are spectacular! Be forewarned that you will gain some weight with all the good food!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed in this hotel several times, from the week it first opened and will be happy to stay again next time I am in Kumasi.

The rooms in the front (main building) are much better than the rear ones, the buffet breakfast is good the evening buffet I don't enjoy as much. However sitting by the pool on an evening and ordering off the menu is a very pleasant experience.
The pool area itself is very good and gets quite busy with families on a weekend.
The staff are always helpful and welcoming, if a little slow at times.

I am sure I will enjoy my next stay as much as all my previous ones.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if possible as the rooms are nicer than the annex at the back.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The food was great and the total experience was wonderful. weekend breakfast doesn't finish until about 11 am and it really give us more time to relax at the pool side. i will recommend this place to anybody coming to Kumasi

Nana Afia Konadu

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for six nights of my two week study abroad in Ghana. I was not very pleased with this hotel at all. The hotel is very nice with a nice lobby, good sized rooms with a balcony, and a nice bathroom. However, the staff was very rude, the food was always slow to come out and took us two hours to get from the time of ordering one night, and the beds were very uncomfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a piece of plywood that looked like a mattress. I have back problems and this did not help at all.

The hotel is very over priced considering the beds and all of the bad service. There was ten people in our group and on one day most of our room keys stopped working and we had to get them replaced. Several of us also had to replace the room keys on several other occaisons. I was not impressed when the cleaning people kept moving my belongings around the room and bathroom. I have put my belongings out of the way on purpose. That is so you do not have to move them to clean the major areas of the room.

The service was also very biased. I know we are a bunch of American college aged young adults, but we are very respectful and did nothing wrong to deserve the bad service that we got. The staff seemed to be friendlier to other guests.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is travelling to Kumasi. I will tell them to look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Macy H

Travellers are raving about these Kumasi hotels

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I love this place ... each time I visit Kumasi Ghana ... I hit the breakfast food bar.... and you can get eat until you are full ... and then enjoy the pool ,,, I tell you the food is service is sooooo wonderful.... I will be coming back here next time I'm visiting Ghana

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Newport Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Pluses and minuses with the Golden Tulip --- pluses: clean rooms, comfortable looby, well-cared-for compound. Minuses: very hard beds, buffet food never hot, difficulty in obtaining hand and face towels, some staff members not interested in giving service. But, judging from the other hotels I passed by while traveling the city, this may be the best hotel that Kumasi has. Overall, I rank this about even with a Holiday Inn in the USA.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rick81669
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My niece and I stayed at this hotel in July 2013. A little pricey. It was very clean, in a good location with good service. The only negative to our stay was the rock hard beds. I woke up every morning with a horrible back ache. I think sleeping on the floor might have been more comfortable! I was hoping we would get a discount for the discomfort we endured sleeping on those beds. But it was not to be. But I must say that the room was clean and a decent size. The bathroom in good working condition and also clean. They had a nice lounge area. The pool and grounds were lovely. There was a live band out by the pool area. Food service by the pool was somewhat slow. Had to wait a while to get our food. The breakfast buffet had a nice assortment of food.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family