“Plentiful, delicious food with medium variety”
Review of Haandi - CLOSED

Haandi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Punjabi Indian restaurant in the downtown Nakumatt mall
London, United Kingdom
“Plentiful, delicious food with medium variety”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a great choice in Kisumu. I haven't been to the branch in Nairobi, and there is much more variety at Open House (Nairobi) so I would probably choose to go there instead. But in Kisumu, this is great for Indian. It's in Mega PLAZA not Mega CITY, so don't get confused and end up in the wrong place.

Visited December 2013

Kitcat22
“Great food, delivered wrong meal!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

So...I ordered Fish Mahkini and plain naan. I received buttered naan and chicken something-or-other. I was the only guest in the restaurant (right after they opened that day), so it's not that they simply mixed my order with someone else's. The sauce on the chicken was fantastic and far outshone that of my fish dish when it finally arrived. The fish itself was very tasty. Sauce was mediocre.

The owner/manager went to the kitchen and had a screaming fit at whoever made the mistakes. It was unpleasant to know that so much trouble was tactlessly visited upon the erring employee. This explains why I'm giving them only "2" on "Atmosphere". It was very awkward to hear the horrible dressing down that the employee got.

All in all, with so much trouble, I'd expected a discount if not a free dining experience. Nope! Full price charged even after wasting my time.

• Visited December 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“So Glad We Found You”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Yummy food and good service in a nice, clean restaurant.  We had been going to recommended retaurants with dubious distinction and mixed results. Haandi was a great find! They are so confident about their cleanliness and quality of their food they have only a piece of glass separating the dining room from the kitchen.  We tried makhini tilapia (from lake Victoria) cooked in a tandoor served in a tomato based coriander, tilapia masala pan fried in cumin, tandoori chicken, and lamb curry  roganjosh.  Also had plain and cumin rice, garlic naan and raita. We were all pleased and it was more than enough for four hungry souls.  They had good local beers but as a wine drinker I asked for a glass of South African wine that got better as I ate!

Customers were mostly Indian- always good to see at an Indian restaurant, other expats and a few Kenyans.  The manager and owner were very pleasant and called a cab for us to go back to the hotel.  Note that most establishments work with their own set of taxis, which, by the way, are not marked and can run the gamut, from clean vans to old, dirty and unsafe cars.

• Visited September 2013
Bergen, Norway
“At least a good place to relax for dinner in Kisumu”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

As Haandi fans may know this Kisumu branch also only opens from 6PM for dinner. It makes good Asian dishes food for those looking for such dishes in Kisumu. The waiters are very service minded and fast. The place also looks clean and spacious for those who fear ear droppers into their conversation while having dinner :-) It is very accessible as it is just in the small city center of Kisumu. I guess giving Handis a visit is not a wasted effort

• Visited September 2013
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Excellent Indian food in downtown Kisumu”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I ate here twice during my stay in Kisumu. The food, service, and atmosphere were all great. A little expensive for Kisumu, but not terribly so. I would recommend for Indian food.

Visited August 2013