“very good food, never been disappointed here.”
Review of Haandi - CLOSED

Haandi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Punjabi Indian restaurant in the downtown Nakumatt mall
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have tried many dishes on their menu and hey are all delicious.
The service is also friendly and quite efficient.
I can recommend the restaurant to everybody!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The food was simply amazing. I ordered chef's special chicken curry with naan bread. The chicken and the sauce were full of flavour. The service is also attentive and great. The price is a little bit pricey but it's worth it.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a great choice in Kisumu. I haven't been to the branch in Nairobi, and there is much more variety at Open House (Nairobi) so I would probably choose to go there instead. But in Kisumu, this is great for Indian. It's in Mega PLAZA not Mega CITY, so don't get confused and end up in the wrong place.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

So...I ordered Fish Mahkini and plain naan. I received buttered naan and chicken something-or-other. I was the only guest in the restaurant (right after they opened that day), so it's not that they simply mixed my order with someone else's. The sauce on the chicken was fantastic and far outshone that of my fish dish when it finally arrived. The fish itself was very tasty. Sauce was mediocre.

The owner/manager went to the kitchen and had a screaming fit at whoever made the mistakes. It was unpleasant to know that so much trouble was tactlessly visited upon the erring employee. This explains why I'm giving them only "2" on "Atmosphere". It was very awkward to hear the horrible dressing down that the employee got.

All in all, with so much trouble, I'd expected a discount if not a free dining experience. Nope! Full price charged even after wasting my time.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Yummy food and good service in a nice, clean restaurant.  We had been going to recommended retaurants with dubious distinction and mixed results. Haandi was a great find! They are so confident about their cleanliness and quality of their food they have only a piece of glass separating the dining room from the kitchen.  We tried makhini tilapia (from lake Victoria) cooked in a tandoor served in a tomato based coriander, tilapia masala pan fried in cumin, tandoori chicken, and lamb curry  roganjosh.  Also had plain and cumin rice, garlic naan and raita. We were all pleased and it was more than enough for four hungry souls.  They had good local beers but as a wine drinker I asked for a glass of South African wine that got better as I ate!

Customers were mostly Indian- always good to see at an Indian restaurant, other expats and a few Kenyans.  The manager and owner were very pleasant and called a cab for us to go back to the hotel.  Note that most establishments work with their own set of taxis, which, by the way, are not marked and can run the gamut, from clean vans to old, dirty and unsafe cars.