Enashipai Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge(Lake Nakuru National Park)
  • Breakfast included
D-Lux Hotel(Nakuru)
WestEnd Hotel(Nairobi)
View Hotel
The Ark(Aberdare National Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
1,019 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerstate of the artexcellent resortconference facilitiesworld classgolf cartfood was greatenjoyed my stayget awaywide varietythe cottageslake naivashaserene environmentlovely placeboat rideswimming poolteam building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have been to Enashipai for a quick weekend trip four times now.
Unfortunately, the way things are going, we won't be coming back. Also, because the prices keep going up, but the quality is going down.
The rooms are still nice, and the outdoor showers are the best! And a walk across the grounds, watching the hippos graze- stunning.
However, the food is going down the drain. It's become standard and boring, not kept warm enough, starters are gone after 20 minutes and don't get replaced, fish is overcooked and dry, and so on...
The new spa is beautiful, but unfortunately, the quality of the treatments isn't. Never ever during a message did I think 'I hope this is over soon!' And even explaining that the treatment is too painful for me didn't help. I was covered in bruises from head to toe, literally, the next day. To add insult to injury, the manners of the lady giving me a message were also questionable. Farting and burping shouldn't be part of a message...
And then there are the little things- the covering of the pool table is ripped to shreds, half the cocktails can't be served because ingredients like cranberry juice or mint aren't available, check in takes rather long, and so on.
All in all, while very nice in the beginning, Enashipai needs to work hard to keep it up!

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room to enjoy the outdoor showers!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Enashipai, Manager at Enashipai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for your review dated 31st January, 2014.

I would like to apologize for the poor experience at Enashipai Resort & Spa.We have taken the matter very seriously and we kindly request for your contacts, so that we can follow up and address the concerns outlined in your review.

I sincerely hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again and rest assured that you will not be disappointed.

Yours Sincerely,
Wanjeri Mahiti

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Had a very comfortable stay at the resort. Lovely place for any type of stay. Whether business or leisure. The gym and pool facilities were also really good but most importantly, I couldn't stop eating! The meals were just lovely.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Sleen_s
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Enashipai Resort is one of the most wonderful places I've ever stayed. So wonderful that I have made return visits to the resort every time I've been back in Kenya. I stayed at the Resort when it first opened, and even with all the construction that was going on at the time, I couldn't find a single thing to complain about! The staff are very professional, the food is good, the rooms are GORGEOUS, the experience of showering under the stars is to die for, experiencing the wildlife so close is pure bliss, the grounds are MAGNIFICENT, the kids' indoor play centre and outdoor playground are well equipped... the icing on the cake is the spa! I can only use superlatives to describe the resort! Enashipai, I will be back!

Room Tip: You get to see wildlife (mainly hippos, gazelle, impala, buffalo) up close and that's just fantastic! Thankfully, there is a cattle grid and fence to keep these from wandering into the hotel but you'll need to use lots of mosquito repellent if you plan to do this in the evening.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank J P
Reviewed 9 January 2014

a heads up to the hotel, try to keep your food hot not warm/ cold as we experienced cooling breakfast/dinner, also the room r fancy n spacious so more cleaning especially the bathrooms i was in room 208 and the bathrooms seems to be accumulating dirt, its not fun when all our dirt accumulates and keeps topping up with new visitors..

Room Tip: the upstair rooms have better views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Enashipai, Director of Sales at Enashipai Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Hi,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to inform you that we are in the process of procuring and installing a whole new set of state of the art induction hobs that will regulate the temperature of our food on the buffet. The new hobs will be ready for use before the end of January 2014. Please let us know what you think of our improved buffet when you come.

We have also taken note of your housekeeping comments. We assure you that we are committed to give our guests world class services at every guest touch point.

Welcome back!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here one night with my niece, sister-in-law and my one year old daughter.

We arrived in time for lunch. The food quality was just average. I didn't have any issues like the others. The dining room is really nice looking. The staff were all very friendly as my one year old doesn't sit in her seat long and each person was so kind to her. The staff also accommodated my niece's request for fries each day even though they weren't on the buffet.

Our luggage arrived to the room in a timely manner. The room was beautiful. Lots of space. Very nice bathroom with an outdoor shower. The fold out couch was actually not bad to sleep on. They even had a crib waiting in the room. My only complaint for the room was that if you sleep someone on the couch, there is no mosquito netting.

We took a long walk to the back to view the lake and saw hippos and monkeys. Along the way we say the tennis courts. We also used the pool but I found the water too cold. My daughter enjoyed the kid's play room which was a nice surprise.

The grounds were very nicely done. I am surprised about the service issues from the other reviews as my experience was not like that at all. I would probably return here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank imari96

Dear Imani 96,
Thank you so much for taking time to review the resort. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and particularly happy that you did experience the true Enashipai hospitality.

We hope you are planning a visit back to the resort soon. Looking forward to hosting you again.

Regards