Sawela Lodges
US$439
US$414
US$124
US$120
Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge(Lake Nakuru National Park)
US$358
US$197
  • Breakfast included
Jumia Travel
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
The Ark(Aberdare National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
All reviewsnature walklake naivashafront officeteam buildingserene environmentgreat amenitiesswimming poollush gardensboat ridegreat place to unwindinternet connectivitywarm receptionhead chefconference facilitiesget awayoutdoor activitiesfresh food
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Beauiful scenery, large airy rooms.

The hotel has vast grounds where one can relax during the day as they enjoy the fresh air.

The food is fresh with a wide selection of fresh fruits.

There is an experienced naturist who is available to take visitors on a nature walk while pointing out the different species of the birds.

He is very knowledgable.

Room Tip: Checked out rooms on both sides and all were lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was recently opened and offers all classical comfort and ambiance of the traditional lodges. Also ideal place for meetings. Good internet connexion everywhere.
Offer at breakfast a bit poor and repetitive dishes at lunch and dinner.
Staff very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: No specific tip
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The staff helped me to organize a birthday surprise and they did it beyond my expectation,It was simply AWESOME,The buffet lunch was excellent the ambiance relaxing and bottom line that will be my destination of choice for a getaway.......!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This hotel is fantastic. Expansive green lawns..fresh air..the food. I had a really nice stay here.
The hotel has great ambience. The staff, especially in house keeping and the local naturalist are very good. The bar is cosy with a nice fire place. The only problem is, most guests seemed to sleep quite early making the bar a boring place by 11 PM.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

This was my first visit to Lake Naivasha Sawela Lodge. It was recommended by a number of people when I asked friends on social media to recommend a good hotel by the lake, with features, service and quality you expect in an upscale property for a reasonable price.

The members of staff are exceedingly good. I found the all: from Charles who handled my booking in Nairobi, Linet, Leshan and others at the front office, Kennedy the chef who helpfully worked with restaurant staff to fix meals for my children as they couldn't handle the food on offer on the buffet, the guy who washed my car even though I hadn't asked for it (and I was grateful he did, for the car was dusty) to the restaurant waiting staff whose name I forget who found my misplaced car keys and tracked me down to return them.

I was very pleased, that on the day we checked out, the staff offered to pack for us lunch for the day as we would not be in for lunch, and yet we had paid for full board, and had checked in the previous day.

The physical facilities are good quality, and well maintained. The swimming pool is beautiful, as are the grounds that all rooms face.

Management should consider installing mini fridges in the rooms (I assume they don't have as room 27 didn't have one).

Overall, a great quiet place. We were there for just a night, but the children want to go back.

An excellent place, odd that it isn't a name that comes up as often as it should when you ask for recommendations for hotels in Naivasha.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family