“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dea's Gardens Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naivasha
Dea's Gardens Guest House
Ranked #2 of 19 Naivasha B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend in one of the garden rooms. We were welcomed by Dea, brought a drink and then shown straight to our room, which was a lovely Banda looking over the gardens & pool. We didn't have lunch there but returned for afternoon tea. You can sit in the living room or garden. The garden is beautiful: full of birds and lovely trees. Note there are three (very small!) friendly dogs wondering around. Tea and coffee was available all day. Dinner is eaten with the other guests which is interesting and the food was of a high standard. Wine is reasonably priced and all water, tea and juices are included. We slept very well and were only disturbed by a very large hippo making a lot of noise outside our bathroom! Breakfast was nice - eggs, sausages, pancakes, fruit etc. Dea was happy for people to stay and use the garden well after the check-out time. We had such a relaxing stay and would like to go back again - two nights is best so you can really relax and return refreshed! Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I travelled to this remarkable place with my 16 year old son, his 13 year old brother and their sister of 7. We had spent a week in the North of England prior to this trip, as I was looking to wear them all out running up and down various hills so that they could use up all their sarcastic comments to each other...thus reaching the point where they would say nothing other than 'Oh that's wonderful' or 'Wow, look at that!' and so on. Sadly by the time I reached Naivasha they were all tired, and extremely irritable....imagine my terror as I realised that we'd be sitting down for dinner with a large group of interesting people where conversation would be involved. But something extraordinary happened...for Dea made all feel relaxed and welcome, as did the wonderful Joseph. The gardens contain levels where exploring is essential, and a swimming pool that my daughter immediately concentrated upon. Some sort of transformation took place as both my sons ate the excellent soup (I cannot recall either ever having done such a thing voluntarily before), and powered through the remaining courses. At some hazy point during the meal, I became aware that various languages were being spoken around that table, of which English was the one I was sticking to...but there were French, Dutch and German speakers engaged quite happily in multi-lingual discussions. The topics were wide-ranging and discussions good humoured. Coffee and drinks around the welcoming fire whilst the kids all disappeared off to a TV room. Bliss. We stayed for three nights, climbed the nearby Mount Longonot, took a boat out to spot some hippo nostrils, and walked amongst various animals on Crescent Island. The accommodation is superb, the meals quite something (including the late afternoon cake), but it is the 'table ambience' that impressed me...my daughter demanded to be moved to sit nearer the friends she made, and my elder son started speaking in French. As he communicates to me in a variety of grunts, I was skeptical that he was making much sense but was told by Marianne (Dea's daughter visiting from Switzerland) that he was holding his own. Thus I can only advise that you should visit Dea's Gardens, for if you have the kind of stay that we enjoyed you will look over your shoulder when departing, and ask if 'that really happened'? As we started driving towards Nakuru, my three children were being civil to each other, we saw a runaway giraffe, and I thought 'Hmm...sometimes in life, very good things happen'.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Topofkilimanjaro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I first went here with my husband and toddler, and loved it so much, went back with my girlfriends for a relaxing weekend only 2 weeks later! Such a lovely garden, perfect for little ones with a sandpit, splash pool they can set up, swings, trampoline, very friendly dogs, toys, little playstructure...I was able to relax and let my toddler explore! The food is lovely, the hostesses attentive, the staff accommodating. Really, nothing bad to say, except use the moquito net provided!

Room Tip: If you have little ones, stay in the main house and once the kids are down, a baby monitor will allo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RobinFarnworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We had a wonderful stay at Dea's Gardens. The grounds are beautiful, as is the house. The two rondavels by the pool are also gorgeous. Dea is SO welcoming, she makes you feel right at home! She quickly discovered that my daughter is a picky eater, and proceeded to make all of her favorite foods for the rest of our stay. The guesthouse is so child friendly too, with a sunken trampoline, swings, and a swimming pool. We were also lucky enough to meet Dea's daughter and grandson, who came for a visit from Nairobi. We had a wonderful time, and I was already planning my next trip back within moments of arriving....

Room Tip: We stayed in the family cottage by the pool - very spacious and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MamaMgeni
oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We had a lovely time here over Easter, food was excellent and Dea and her daughter Lisa wonderful hostesses. It was great to meet so many people and despite the weather raining for most of the weekend we were thoroughly entertained!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank OxfordAlice08
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Dea, she really excist, does join her guests at the dining table. She is a great host !! I stayed 1 week alone and the weekend with my son and his family. This guesthouse is really worth to stay and very nearby is a possibility of a safari by boat and walking on the isle. The isle is full of animals with a beautifull view over the lake.
The garden of the premises does end at the lake. From there you can watch the hippo's and birds as well.

Room Tip: In the main building are 3 rooms available. 1 Super large room , 1 large room, 1 small room. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank richard_fenger
Nairobi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We were there last October with our two teenagers. We live here since 12 years.

This place was a real treat.The place is general is an oasis of flowers and welcome very warmly by Dea.

The bands are simple but clean and large, the house where the dinner and breakfast are taken most welcoming. The food was just GREAT and in large servings.

I warmly recommend to anyone tired of lodges and looking for more local tourism.

Our two teenagers were very enthusiast about all the discussions we shared we the other guests during the meals and afterward.

It is located very close to the old Naivasha road. You can reach the place in little time.

We could pay through Mpesa. Very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family