“I'll be back!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ukunda
Kole Kole - Baobab Resort Diani
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Ukunda
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We spent in Kole Kole 14 days. The hotel is really great. Very stylish, with great food and nice swimming pool. Beach in front of hotel is also ok, but a lot of people bothering you to buy things makes you rather stay at the pool area.
Animation team was ok, not TOO enthusiastic, but friendly.
Hotel staff was extremely helpful, when some of us got sick they even brought food to our room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank knapsi

Reviewed 27 December 2011

It was great! Im writing ths review on my way bck to Nairobi frm Diani. I thnk its the best hotel in the South Coast,i wil definitely be there next year and for a longer period of time =)

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We spent 5 nights here after a 10 day safari in Tanzania. And I couldn't think of a better way to end our holiday! Beach was lovely, the beach boys hassled us on the first day but left us alone when told them we weren't interested, food was great and was lots of it! Bare in mind that not all drinks are all inclusive, we had a slight misunderstanding with one of the bar staff one night but I have a feeling that was down to the language barrier more than anything. And the next day big signs were erected in all the bars stating this, so although we ended up paying for the drinks the hotel admitted there should be more communication available to guests about what's included in all inc! The only other problem we encountered was on my mothers 50th birthday my sister had bought a bottle of champagne from the airport and we asked for some glasses so we could have a toast in the evening, we were good there would be a 20 dollar collage fee, which I found ridiculous after all It was a special occasion! Despite all this I can't deny this is a lovely hotel on a beautiful beach, yes the service could of been better in places but there's no hurry in Africa! Poley Poley!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Jambo Jambo everyone, My husband, my 12yr old son and I have just returned from a fantastic holiday here, the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and I just can't wait to return.
We stayed in the Kole Kole section (I so want my husband to make me a bed like the ones here). The room we found was a good size for the 3 of us, it met our every need, not that we spent a great deal of time in our room except for washing and sleeping. The room was kept very clean by our room boy Evans, who I must add was also our saviour and I just wanted to give him a special mention because when we went on our 3 day safari (booked with JT Safaries which I'm going to review seperately) my husband had left our room safe open, it had everything in it,the majority of our money, passports, tickets, credit cards etc... Evans found this when cleaning our room in the morning, he then specially went back at lunchtime to check and on finding it still open he reported it to security and logged absolutely everything in the safe, when we returned security checked through the safe with us to verify that nothing was missing, and I would like to report not one kenyan shilling/dollar or pound was missing, so thankyou everyone, especially Evans for your honesty. In our room we looked forward to the numerous visits from the monkeys onto our balcony, the only thing they took was the sugar from our room, it was funny when one monkey came in and on finding all the sugar gone picked a teabag up and looked as though he threw it down in disgust.
We spent the majority of our time in the Kole Kole section due to my husband and son wanting to join in the entertainment sports on offer. The entertainment team worked tirelessly, they would start and finish with their dance, which was a pleasure to watch each day, and then they would attempt to get visitors to join in the sports on offer, stretching, beach volleyball, water polo, table tennis, pool, swahili lessons, step class and water aerobics, they did not pressure anybody to do any of them and would leave you alone if you wanted to read your book or just watch from the sidelines. If we wanted to go somewhere quieter we had the option of going to the pool in the maridadi section. We did make a point of trying all the pools and we found them to be of a very good quality.
Food wise my husband and I found no problems, we happily tried new things each night, I actually enjoyed that some nights they had on offer 'mash potato', usually when on holiday the only potato they offer is chips and as a person who is not particularly bothered about chips I was very pleased to find that here they had chips, mash, roast potatoes, boiled potatoes, saute potatoes it was such a change (and I'm easily pleased). We did find lots of meats on offer including goat which was actually quite tasty. The desserts were delicious and served by a person with the most gorgeous smile, I do recommend trying the banana crumble or pineapple crumble. My son, like most children not very adventurous with food loved having his pasta and bolognese cooked for him in front of him, he surprised me by not trying many of the meats, he said it was because of the green stuff on it was why he wouldn't try it (he was talking about the herbs), however saying this he did find enough to eat each meal (he says the beef sausages at breakfast was his favourite).
The beach yes like many have said does have beach sellers, it is a little daunting on the first day but we found either a polite no thankyou or just talking to them was enough for the majority of them. Everyday we went for a walk on the beach and out of them all only two beach sellers in the whole holiday attempted to put the guilt trip onto my son and I when we said no thankyou, telling us how because we weren't buying their keyrings they were going to starve and probably die from starvation, we just carried on walking and they left us alone when they realised we were not being persuaded that way. We did buy somethings from some of the beachsellers and had great fun doing this (my husband though was trying to trade all my sons clothes for products once he found they would do this). The shops in the hotel grounds we found were reasonable with price I enjoyed beating the shop keeper at Bao the first time I played it. Do be careful though if you buy from the market that is outside at the side of the hotel, my husband ordered a number of keyrings, foolishly to be picked up on the last day of our holiday, he collected and counted them to make sure we had the full number, he didn't however check all the names hence to say some of the names were wrong and it was too late to change them. The keyrings we got from the hotel shops though were a different class they were better carved and the difference in the wood quality was noticable, do haggle though when buying anything.
There is actually too much to mention about how much we enjoyed this holiday but the final thing I must mention about this holiday is the night time shows, we saw the majority of them and the entertainment team did a marvelous job, Lion King was by far our favourite, we have seen the production in London and we enjoyed it better at this hotel than there, Mamma Mia always a crowd pleaser and too many more shows to mention (I'm practising shaking my butt like the ladies here so I can join in next time).
The only 2 things I would change about this holiday is 1. A bigger cocktail list is needed and 2. I need to book a longer stay next time, roll on our next holiday here.

Room Tip: Listening to other people staying who had been reallocated after their safari Kole Kole rooms sounde...