What a wonderful place. My family ( two boys 13 & 12 years , my wife & myself ) stayed here for two weeks starting 4th August 2013. The accommodation , food , pool and beach-side environment were absolutely superb located near the village of Tiwi. Above all else what stood out here were the people. Each and every one of them were so friendly and totally committed to making sure we all had a fantastic time. It was almost overwhelming. After experiencing the drive through Mombasa from the airport we were only too aware of the general quality of life for the majority of the inhabitants here but despite the poverty they still wanted us well-off westerners to have a great and memorable time which we certainly did . After-dinner entertainment every night provided a brilliant insight into African culture and we all loved it.
Our boys found lots of organised games to take part in with other holidaymakers while we adults sipped all-inclusive cocktails ( excellent “swim-up” bar at the top end ) and just relaxed in the warm equatorial climate. Each day was just perfect. Did a superb trip out to Diani beach for some snorkelling which was organised by the on-site sea sports facility ( Barracuda ) and Amos , the windsurfing instructor gave some excellent tuition on Tiwi beach to my sons who were complete novices. Even a birthday cake turned up made by the catering staff at the resort and delivered by our very helpful Thomson rep , Stacey for my son while we were in the departure lounge at Mombasa airport ! A truly superb and unforgettable fortnight for all of us.
Get some cash for the departure tax before you travel home. No cards accepted at the airport. No ATM at the resort – nearest in Diani which is a shuttle bus or taxi journey of around twenty minutes. I left it to the last moment and the first two ATMs at the airport would not give me any. Luckily the third one did. All a bit stressful while you are checking in !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently up graded with an addition of another specialty restaurant-Sultan Dhow & Aqua wine bar overlooking the Indian Ocean with a wide choice of wine served by glass. Refurbished Floodlit Tennis Court. A dedicated 3D 84 inch screen facility, Ultra modern conferences in a separate hotel wing.New hotel boutiques, air conditioned rooms, Hi- speed WIFI Internet & 32'' LCD TV with Satellite feed in the rooms, Complimentary mini fridges, electronic safes, Tea & Coffee making facility, Hair dryers, Mosquito nets and superior guest toiletries Dedicated 24 hours in room dining menu. Upmarket Hair Salon Beauty & Wellness Center.Superior guest amenities. Weekly Complimentary traditional renewal of Wedding vows.3 Specialty restaurants and 4 bars including swim-up sunken bar in the a 167 Meter length free form swimming pool... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Amani Tiwi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Amani Tiwi Beach Resort Kenya/Ukunda