Our room featured: a filthy floor, dirty mosquito nets, a fan that didn't get the room cool (even in the middle of the night), cracked tiling in the bathroom, a stained bathtub, a soiled shower curtain and a broken toilet flush handle. The water in the shower varied from hot to cold at a moment's notice. The 'in-room WiFi' is a myth- you need to sit near the main building to get WiFi at all.
The problems continued outside of the room. On our second day, we found a smear of excrement across the floor outside the entrance to our accommodation block (which I suspect was monkey poo(!), and which someone had clearly trodden in already). Ok, these things happen- but it was still there eight hours later, and that just isn't good enough. The children's swimming pool looked like it had been filled with a fly-and-scum soup, rather than the clean water you might expect. Used glasses and plates were left to fester at the tables around the swimming pool all day long. An so on and so on.
The worst thing about our experience here was the way we were dealt with by those in management when we complained. I don't think tripadvisor will permit the sort of language I would like to use at this point, so suffice to say that the treatment we received from the management varied from lazily contemptuous to openly hostile.
It is true that the main swimming pool and beach areas are nice enough, and the staff in the bars and so on are friendly, but that doesn't make this a decent hotel. Please don't be fooled into thinking this is the best you can hope for in the area- we hated this place so much that we paid to be moved to another Thompson platinum-rated hotel nearby, and it was 100 percent better than Amani Tiwi (Baobab Beach Hotel, in case you are interested). Kenya was well worth a visit, but avoid this hotel like a monkey poo on the floor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently up graded with an addition of another specialty restaurant-Sultan Dhow & Aqua wine bar overlooking the Indian Ocean with a wide choice of wine served by glass. Refurbished Floodlit Tennis Court. A dedicated 3D 84 inch screen facility, Ultra modern conferences in a separate hotel wing.New hotel boutiques, air conditioned rooms, Hi- speed WIFI Internet & 32'' LCD TV with Satellite feed in the rooms, Complimentary mini fridges, electronic safes, Tea & Coffee making facility, Hair dryers, Mosquito nets and superior guest toiletries Dedicated 24 hours in room dining menu. Upmarket Hair Salon Beauty & Wellness Center.Superior guest amenities. Weekly Complimentary traditional renewal of Wedding vows.3 Specialty restaurants and 4 bars including swim-up sunken bar in the a 167 Meter length free form swimming pool... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Ebookers so you can book your Amani Tiwi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Amani Tiwi Beach Resort Kenya/Ukunda