“Beautiful setting”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Erfoud
Evanston, Il
“Beautiful setting”
Reviewed 25 November 2008

We were on a walking/sightseeing holiday with a British group, HF Holidays. The hotel was beautiful from the outside, lovely lobby. The swimming pool area was spectacular. The rooms were large but obviously in need of updating. Ours was quite dark as the only window opened on a walkway. The bathroom also could use some updating. We had both breakfast and dinner at the hotel. Breakfast was fine, dinner not very interesting, same food each night we stayed (we were there 2 nights). The hotel is perfectly situated for visiting the Erg Chebbi (the Sahara), Rissani village and the ruins of Sijilmassa.

• Stayed September 2008
2 Thank angten
Dear Angten,
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy to hear that you loved the lobby and swimming area. I am sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with the dinner, and that you were served the same cuisine two days in a row. Your review was written 4 years ago, and I can assure you that since then, some very significant improvements have been made to the Belere Erfoud. We have addressed your lighting concern, as we have improved the lighting throughout the hotel. To add on, we have made changes in our restaurant procedures and staff, in order to ensure that our customers find the food to be delicious, and the staff to be pleasant. Furthermore, we have placed stricter guidelines for our maintenance and housekeeping staff, which has addressed your concern about the bathrooms and bedrooms. I hope that you will return to the Belere Erfoud and witness these tremendous improvements. Thank you very much for your feedback. If you have any questions or comments, please e-mail me at management@belerehotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hebrew first
Sussex
Reviewed 11 October 2008

Stayed for 2 nights in Sepotember when it was very hot. The place is really in the desert and so I didn't expect too much. What I got was a large well furnished room, nice pool and bar and very helpful staff.

Stayed September 2008
Dear Blueskyz_1,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip, appreciated the design of the room, took advantage of the pool and bar, and interacted positively with the staff. We are pleased to inform you that in the four years since your review, we have made some very significant improvements to various aspects of the Belere Erfoud. We hope that you will return very soon, and see those changes for yourself. Thank you very much for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you once again. If you have any questions or comments, or if I may help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at management@belerehotel.com
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 20 May 2008

This is a pretty decent hotel. The room was clean, as was the pool, but the food service is slow slow slow. There's not much to do in Erfoud, but this is a good jumping off point for a trek into the Sahara sand dunes.

• Liked — hotel grounds is pretty
  • Disliked — slow lunch and dinner service
  • Stayed March 2004
Dear i-gots-wanderlust,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the service, and on behalf of everyone at the Belere Erfoud, I sincerely apologize. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit four years ago, we have made numerous changes to the staff, service, and administration. I hope that you will return to the Belere very shortly, and if you do I am certain that you will be very pleased with the service. If you have any comments or questions, or if I may help you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me at management@belerehotel.com

Travellers are raving about these Erfoud hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 March 2007

We stayed here to vist Erg Chebbi without realising there is now a range of accommodation by the dunes. It is a massive tour hotel, and when we were there about 18 people were in it. As a result most of the hotel was closed down and the only food in the evening was a set meal with no choice. We do not eat meat (the only choice was veal) and reluctantly they did do us half a quarter chicken portion between the two of us. Breakfast was dismal. The room was adequate but very functional (eg for a 4 star hotel we would expect a few amenity packs, soap and a hair drier) and only CNBC (business channel) in English on the TV. Erfound is over-provided with hotels and all look/seem as if they are on their last legs.

• Liked — Nice pool area
  • Disliked — Food and room
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Ramseys
Dear Ramseys,
I am very sorry to hear that you had an unpleasant experience at the Belere Erfoud. I am especially sorry that you were not served food in accordance to your beliefs and practices. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit 5 years ago, the Belere Erfoud has improved greatly, in all aspects. We hope that you will return to the Belere Erfoud and observe all of the wonderful improvements that have taken place. I am certain that this time around, you will find the cuisine to be divine, and you will enjoy your stay. We will be more than happy to cook a personalized meal for you, in accordance with your preferences. If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at management@belerehotel.com
uk
Reviewed 22 November 2006

Good location for dunes of Sahara, but about 1.5 miles from town so without taxi no shopping.
Lovely gardens and nice pool.
Rooms massive with two double beds, but poor maintenance.....drain blocked, shower floods because of design and too small a shower curtain. Phone broken.
Buffet fair.
A typical package hotel.

• Liked — Gardens and rooms.
  • Disliked — Poor maintenance of rooms
  • Stayed November 2006
2 Thank bigmacdonald
Dear BigMacdonald,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to review the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the gardens and pool. On the other hand, I am very sorry to hear that you found the maintenance to be poor. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, numerous improvements have been made at the Belere Hotel Erfoud. We have hired a more experienced and qualified maintenance staff, and there are absoultely no problems with the drain or shower curtain. In addition, we have made several changes in our restaurant, and greatly improved the quality of the food. I hope that you will return to the Belere Hotel Erfoud and witness all of these wonderful improvements. If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at management@belerehotel.com Once again thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.
California
Reviewed 25 October 2006

We stayed at Belere one night as part of a package tour on the way to the Dunes. The facility has a lot of potential to be a great resort, but is not maintained well. The pool was filthy and unusable. The plants and shrubs needed some pruning. The rooms were clean, but lacked the usual toiletries (lotions, etc.). Dinner and Breakfast were included as part of our package, and was just barely edible!! At dinner, many items at the buffet were just barely warm, some bland, and there was not much of a selection. Breakfast was terrible--we sufficed on muffins and coffee. (We had much better food at our tent camp in the desert!). The staff was friendly and courteous.

We suggest good research to find some other hotel if you plan to stay more than one night. This hotel passes as a comfortable place to sleep on the way to somewhere else on your journey, but eat in town if you are hungry.

• Disliked — the food
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GCrackr
Dear Gcrackr,
Thank you very much for having reviewed the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the hotel, and on behalf of everyone at the Belere Hotel Erfoud, I sincerely apologize. I am very pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, numerous and significant changes have been made to the Belere Hotel Erfoud. We have cleaned and treated the pool, and hired a more qualified and experienced maintenance to staff to ensure that it is properly monitored. In addition, we have made several modifications to our restaurants, ranging from the staff to the menu to the ingredients we purchase. As you said in your review, this facility has the potential to be a great resort, and we have made it on. We hope that you will return promtply in order to witness the wonderful transformations that have taken place. This time around, we are certain that you will have a delightful sejour. If you have any questions or comments, or if we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to contact me directly, you made do so at management@belerehotel.com
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 8 September 2006

We stayed here as part of a tour of Morocco. This was definitely the best hotel we stayed in. Nice rooms with great air conditioning, especially important in the Sahara in summer. Very friendly and helpful staff. We thought the buffet at dinner was one of the best we encountered, lots of variety. The pool is lovely and the whole hotel has a very peaceful atmosphere, I am surprised there are so many rooms, we felt that we were stayng at a much smaller more intimate hotel.

Stayed July 2005
1 Thank trvlinbrit
Dear Trvlinbrit,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to comment on your experience at the Belere Hotel Erfoud. I am very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that you were satisfied with the atmosphere as well as with the cuisine. I am pleased to inform you that since your visit six years ago, we have made many improvements to various aspects of the hotel. I hope that you will return to the Belere Hotel Erfoud to relive the wonderful experience that you had, and to make new ones. If we may assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us. You may reach me directly at management@belerehotel.com Once again thank you for your lovely review, it was a pleasure to read about your experience.