“"Not so super"” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Ibadan
Ibadan, Nigeria
“"Not so super"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was at the hotel for a night stay, the reception was cordial and I was lead to my mini suite. The hotel location is serene, quiet and not far from the city centre. The restaurant service was good and the meal tasty.
I was however unhappy as there was no lighting in the "mini suite", the sink was leaking and the manager was not ready to send a cleaner to the room to mop up the floor even after informing them that the wash hand sink was leaking. I had to endure the no lighting all day/night as the service man was booked for 2 days later and there was no spare room to swap. There are also dark corridors on the first floor.
Overall, I think the hotel need managerial upgrade to meet its promises. I really did not get value for my money.

Room Tip: The neighborhood is generally quiet so the first floor is okay
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

Last summer was my first trip to Nigeria. It was actually my first trip to Africa. I have traveled as a tourist to many countries. This was my first trip as a visitor. I am an American and went there to visit my new family. I was not there to "do the tourist" thing. It was a new and interesting experience.

My daughter, husband and I stayed at the Super K hotel which was near my mother-in-law's house.

As I had never been to Africa and could not find this hotel on-line, I think this hotel was decent. We stopped by the Premier Hotel, but since it was far away from my mother-in-laws house, we decided to stay at the Super K.

We stayed for 10 days from June 18 - June 28, 2008 in a regular room that had one super king-sized bed and a bathroom. The only hotel amenity was the breakfast room and a very quiet neighborhood bar in the basement.

The outside area was clean. The generators kicked on within a minute or two when the electricity went out. The air-conditioning was decent. There was hot water in the morning and at night. The internet connection was slow, but it did work daily.
All of the staff was nice and helpful.

Our room worked out to be about $88 per night.

9 Thank gsuskid72