“Stunning”

Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

What a lovely surprise to find such a stunning coffee shop in the karoo! We just had light lunch but the character and vibe of the place was memorabale!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife, family friends and I visited Polka on two occasions as it was highly recommended to us.
On both visits the service was excellent, the staff were very helpful and more than happy to elaborate on the contents of the drinks and food menu. We all had drinks and a selection of the lovely cakes off the menu.
The décor was lovely and the display of the foods on offer was very inviting.
Perusing the drinks menu, we were surprised at the very reasonable cost of alcoholic drinks available, real bargain if you fancied a short !
Whilst seeking cover during one torrential downpour outside, we all decided tea and cakes was a lovely way to while the time away !
The artisan breads which were available looked lovely and judging by the number of take out sales of bread and cakes were obviously much in demand.
We all said we would look forward to our next visit to the Polka.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A gourmet find while on the way from Pretoria to Cape Town. Amazing meals and a lovely ambiance. We went for dinner and sat outside under the stars while having one of the best meals ever. This place is great.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have eaten in many restaurants throughout the years and always found a reason to complain! Yet for the first time ever I was left speechless and with not 1 complaint! I am in the food Industry and have been in it for 24 years! This is the first restaurant I have ever been to that offers 5* food and 5* service. Fantastic food that is really out of this world!!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had a great lunch sitting outside at Polka. I appreciate that the outdoor smoking area is far from the eating area. Its pretty and shady with loads of plants. The karoo Lamb dish was excellent!.