“Superb service and food (and drink)”
Review of Polka

Polka
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
London
“Superb service and food (and drink)”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our host at the Somerset Stables down the road, Reinet Te Water Naude, booked us in for supper on our one night in Graaff Reinet. Well, all I can say is if you've only got one night to stay in GF, then Polka is definitely the place to eat!

Having read some of the one- and two-point reviews on TripAdvisor, I wondered if my wife and I went to the same place. I'm sure it was, but all I can say is that the food was awesome and the service very quick. Maybe TripAdvisor has done it's magic and the message got through to the owners before we got there.

Both my Karoo Lamb shank and my wife's bobotie were excellent main dishes.

As for the price, well all I can say is that it was very very reasonable. Having had both a crème brûlée and a liqueur to follow, to get out for less than four hundred rand for the two of us has to be a bargain in itself.

Go to Polka. You won't be disappointed. Ignore the negative reviews. They're wrong.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Blikskottel

“Bad experience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Ordered a coffee which tasted like old dishwater. Pancakes were old and if thrown against a wall I am sure would bounce back at you. Service was excellent and the waiter was very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank ABK72
Durban, South Africa
“Cozy, warm, cottagy restaurant”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A must if you are in Graaf Reniet. Great variety of food, good service, atmosphere and decor - 10/10. I generally don't enjoy lamb - but i could've eaten the bone of my super tender lamb shank. My fiance raved about the Karoo lamb chops. Good job Polka.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank MonicasKZN
“Treat yourself”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed in Graaff-Reinet for two days and had dinner on both nights and breakfast once at Polka. The restaurant has great food and ambience.

• Visited July 2014
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“A treat!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Loved the courtyard...peaceful, beautifully decorated, excellent service, delicious food...and you see the cakes!

Visited July 2014