“Execellent to the tiniest details”

Aqua Marina Guest House
Ranked #11 of 54 Mossel Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Noel and Alida are a lovely couple, nice to talk to and full of advice. They go out of their way to provide that little extra care, which shows in the details everywhere, from the way the towels are presented, the soaps and shampoos are provided, the bottles of water in the fridge, to the chocolate on your pillow.

Breakfast is excellent, with real press pot coffee (best coffee we've had in SA). Besides the Full English, don't miss out on Alida's cinnamon pancake filled with yoghurt and fresh fruit!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Aqua Marina Guest House

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Trip Advisor didn't let us down here! Noel and Alida are the perfect hosts making you feel so welcome from the moment you arrive. Alida brought us fresh fruit juices to drink on the balcony, and showed us our lovely room. We were staying in the Sailfish room, with a balcony and panoramic view of the harbour and the bay. Our large room was spotless, the attention to detail is wonderful, chilled mineral water in the fridge, chocolates on the pillows, the bed large and very comfortable gave us both a wonderful nights sleep. The bathroom was also large and has a bath with a sea view, seperate shower cubicle, again the attention to detail is evident, soft towels rolled and tied with blue chord. Breakfast at a time of our choosing was a delight, fresh fruit in a pancake to start, followed by a great hot breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for Alida, she made my wife a seperate starter after learning she could not eat peaches due to her allergy. Noel kept us entertained with his humour and charming conversation. It is so rare to receive such personal service anywhere in the world, the only negative, we stayed for just one night!

Room Tip: Request a room on the first floor with a balcony view of the bay
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I don't know where to start with how much we loved Aqua Marina Guest House. Noel and Alida are two of the most wonderful people we have met in our whole lives, and we would return just to see them! Aside from that, the house is wonderful and the breakfasts delicious. Our room was immaculate, with stunning views and lovely personal touches - from cake in the room and chocolate on our pillows, to everything we could need in the supersize bathroom. I caught a virus during our stay and Alida couldn't do enough for me, making me a special breakfast, giving me tablets and even giving me a cuddle when I needed it. I only hope that we can go back again soon and will remember this stay always.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Aqua Marina Guest House is a lovely lovely place to stay. It is in a great location - not far from the shops and restaurants and it has the most magnificent views looking out on to the bay. I went there for business with my partner and his colleague and I could not believe the welcoming we received! The rooms are excellent. The food is just to die for. Its prepared in such a way, you actually do not want to spoil it by eating! Alida is a lovely lady and Noel is a very welcoming host. I will definitely be going back there but this time for pleasure:)

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out onto the bay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

we stayed two nights at the aqua and have to say that all round it was excellent.Comfortable clean and roomy with little luxuries thrown in for the guests convenience.Alida is a very special lady and has the desire to please all of her guests.From helping provide towels etc for a beach visit and providing exactly the breakfast you want.Watch out when entering Mossel Bay as there is another guest house also called acqua guest house..
Husband Noel is a keen golfer and will gladly assist you getting a round in at his local course

Room Tip: we recommend the "mackerel room" and no it didn't smell of fish!!!!
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Every review on TA is true. Aqua Marina is a wonderful place to stay. We were there for 4 nights, stayed in 2 different rooms - both were excellent. Our hosts Noel & Alina are the nicest people who made us feel so much at home. Everything you can think of is available in the room, kettle, cookies, fridge, an amazing array of toiletries. The beds are wonderfully comfortable too. breakfast was fantastic, and Alina and her kitchen helpers produced a different one each day. We truly were sad to leave and hope to revisit AM one day.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a night at the Aqua Marina guest house. I was on Mosselbay to attend a friends wedding but as a florist I also did the flowers for the wedding. I needed somewhere to work for about three hours. We were allowed to check in early and I was given a spot to work. The room was comfortable and wonderfully cool. Breakfast was such a feast that we ended up canceling our plans for lunch.

Room Tip: The rooms higher up have a better view.