“Bland on Bland Street”

Point Village Guesthouse & Holiday Cottages
Reviewed 20 October 2013

A merely adequate experience. We booked the room billed as the penthouse/honeymoon suite so expected something special, but all we got was strange! The bathroom is open plan, which is not unusual but that doesn't normally include an open plan toilet too!
The overall feel was a basic student studio with low quality furniture and fittings that just needed a good scrub, a fresh lick of paint and a touch of something more luxurious like a bigger bed with a good quality mattress and some soft furnishings and blinds that fitted better. We also had to switch the fridge off overnight so we could sleep.
That said, it was cheap and the view was lovely from the huge balcony. The owners were great and couldn't have been friendlier.
Breakfast is via a voucher at a restaurant around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Point Village Guesthouse & Holiday Cottages

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We wanted to stay in a cottage on the beach and was pleasantly surprised to discover that during winter months Point Village Accommodation offers cottages at a special rate of pay for two nights and stay third night free! We found the most exquisite jewel in their collection - a little beach cottage right on the beach front called "Hemel-op-Aarde", and indeed, it was a little piece of heaven. Beautifully decorated with two ensuite bedrooms and an open plan kitchen, lounge and covered patio, with the most glorious sea views!! It had every comfort needed for our stay, with the most beautiful walking trail starting right outside your front door! The best kept secret of a Mossel Bay stay and highly recommended for a couple looking for a romantic break-away!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I knocked on the door and asked for a room. I hit the jackpot. I got room number 8, on the top floor. Beautiful 180 view, very comfortable bed, tasteful decor and generally a pleasant surprise.The place is clean, and I love the plunger coffee offering. I also love the free standing bath. I was greeted by a staff member,who was very friendly and welcoming. Lunch and dinner are to be taken at one of a couple of restaurants around the corner, quite safe to walk there alone, which I was. One is given a voucher to the value of R65, which one can use at any one of the dedicated restaurants mentioned.
This guesthouse is definitely worth returning to. So well done guys. Just a pity I was on my own :)

Room Tip: As for room number 8. If one is going to be at the coast, you have to be able to see the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This place has a great location, lovely rooms and VERY friendly and helpful staff! We stayed here because we needed a strong internet connection for an important Skype call, and staff made sure that anything we wanted was available. The rooms are spacious, well maintained, and spotless. Definitely worth a Recommendation!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

A pleasant surprise- from the reception to the cottage. The cottage has everything you need for a comfortable stay. The beach is a few minutes walk from the cottage. I thought the deal we got was more than fair. A short but pleasant trip thanks to the accommodation being excellent. I wouldn't mind staying there again if I was in Mossel Bay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Attending a conference nearby I stayed here for 5 nights. From walking through the door I knew I would enjoy my stay. The owner ( I'm sorry I have forgotten your name) and Delien were so attentive and welcoming. I was booked into room 8 namely the Honeymoon Suite... By myself !!
The room with an excellent view over the bay and, romantic bath!! With candles. When my colleagues left to return to home I was looked after so well. The owner took me to Botlierskop Game Reserve for a 3 hour safari, something never to forget and also took me to the airport.
My time will be embedded as one of those cherished memories of South Africa at its best, lovely friendly people that can't do enough for their customers.

Room Tip: Room 8 the Honeymoon Suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

One of my colleagues booked 2 nights for me, at the Point Village guesthouse.
Entering room # 4, at the second floor, a great view of the ocean welcomed me.
The room was spacious and clean, and the huge L shaped balcony was the right place to drink
a nice cup of coffee, after a long day in the car.
The sitting room downstairs was very welcoming, and the smiling faces of the staff was a joy.
The breakfast vouchers for the seaside restaurant were nice to have too.
I will be back !!