“Good service and seafood”
Review of Cafe Gannet

Cafe Gannet
Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Café Gannet Restaurant is Mossel Bay's seafood House. Acclaimed for local seafood specialties, ingeniously prepared. Coastal oysters, black mussels and Mossel Bay Sole are delivered daily from the harbour to make a delectable and varied a la carte menu, which includes pizza, salads, meat dishes, light lunches and Rainbow Cuisine. For a relaxing afternoon, come and enjoy a cocktail overlooking the Indian Ocean... The Cafe Gannet is a great treat, which will please the most discerning palate - very trendy, so bookings are recommended.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We visited Café Gannet twice while in Mossel Bay and we enjoyed both good service and delicious food on both occasions. I can especially recommend the kingklip wrapped in salmon and phyllo pastry with a delicious mushroom sauce and the Indian style calamari. It was a very pleasant dining experience

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Breakfast was good and the whole set up is so beautiful, keep up the good work. I like everything in that Cafe, food is well prepared and fresh

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Upon my recent visit in Mossel Bay, I struggled to find a decent restaurant, then I heard about Café Gannet...Went there, and it was beyond my expectations!!

As we arrived, we were met(greeted& seated)by very friendly faces and I immediately fell inlove with the setting of the place! Our waiter KURT was something else!!He really went to great lengths to make us feel special, was informative, extremely friendly(SEXY TOO!!).To my knowledge he is seriously one of the best in his field!!Thanx Kurt!!The food & presentation thereof was of high class!!DELISCIOUS!!snail cigars,kingklip wrapped in phyllo pastry(to die for)although there was no space for desert, I made some...oohhhh!!!You should really try this one out for yourself people!!!

Thank you for making this trip memorable, you certainly have my promise that i'll spread the word as far as I go! Thank you...from the bottom of my heart!!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a great meal there last night, food is cooked to perfection and served hot, something most restaurant's cant seem to get right these days. We had the plain calamari main course which was fantastic

Only minor complaint is a somewhat limited seafood menu, but the options that are there are all fantastic.

There is a chocolate caramel waffle on the desert menu, which is by far the best waffle we have ever eaten.

Going there again in the next few days just for the desert!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We went twice, the baked oysters were great. The service was not as good as at other places. The orange malva pudding was also super. Don't ist Clown to Doors in winter, it is cold.