“Great close encounter”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great close encounter”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Had all The White shark encounter I needed, they know what they're doing and making it easy for you.

The food after was OK, but there are much better options around it low price

Hong Kong, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent crew but no regulator to breathe underwater”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Overall we had an amazing and memorable trip with the company, seeing the Great White up close.

The staff and crew were great - the crew on boat were especially amazing and worked very hard to attract the sharks.

This is the only shark cage diving trip I've been on, but here is some comparison based on my experience and what I read elsewhere:

In terms of location:

-Mossel Bay seems to have calmer waters than Hermanus. Our booking in Hermanus was cancelled due to bad weather, so we opted for Mossel Bay instead.

-According to the crew and our actual experience, it takes about 1.5 hours to have a shark sighting. Based on some Hermanus shark diving companies' website, the sighting is usually immediate - but I have not been therefore cannot confirm.

In terms of equipment:

- While you are in the cage, you have only masks. When the shark comes near, the crew will say "down" and you hold the breath to go down and see the shark. For me, this made it rushed, the wetsuit buoyancy made it difficult to hold myself underwater, I worried about accidentally sticking my limbs outside of the cage when I'm trying to get under water, and also more difficult to see and photo the sharks clearly underwater in the rush. Some people also panicked to hold breath and dive under when a shark is so near. I know that other shark diving companies in Hermanus do provide regulators so you can stay underwater and watch the sharks. This company may have other considerations that I am unaware of, but if possible I would prefer to have mouthpiece underwater.

Overall, it was a good alternative to Hermanus to see sharks up close and I would recommend this company.

1 Thank Springyezi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Intense and excellent experience at an amazing price!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The experience my group and I had with this company was outstanding! From the minute we arrived we were welcome with friendly staff and food before we went onto the boat. The boat ride was very safe and the views were incredible. Michael, our guide was very knowledgeable about the ocean and sealife and was in full control throughout the full experience, even when the Great Whites were throwing themselves at our boat!! The rest of the crew were fantastic too! Although we were nothing but a few feet away from the magnificent creatures, I felt very safe in the cage as well as with the knowledge that we had a team of experts very close by.
However, the trip is not for the faint hearted, yet adrenaline junkies will love it!!
We also got a food (which we ordered!!) when we got back from the trip which was very much appreciated!
Would definitely recommend! The only bad part was getting in and out of the wetsuit!!!

Wagga
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Had the best time going Dow in the cage to see the Great White sharks. The crew were good at ensuring that the sharks appeared and it was very exciting. The lunch / dinner was ordinary and really not very enjoyable. Most of our group left there meal untouched.
Would do it again and again.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I have just got back from a trip along the Garden Route. We stopped off at Mossel Bay for a shark dive. We had barely dropped anchor when the first shark made its not so subtle appearance. From then on we were kept on our toes as more and more sharks turned up and more importantly stayed around the boat. This gave us all a good amount of time to go into the cage or enjoy the sites from on the boat. There was more than enough viewing area in the cage or on the deck or upper deck of the boat. In total we saw 5 sharks, the day before had seen 4 and 6 sharks so seems pretty consistent. The dive was professionally managed and we had food before and after. They confirmed the times before the trip so there was no hanging around. I would recommend any one wanting to dive with great whites to look these guys up.

Visited April 2014