We stayed in the Point Hotel as we travelled from Jo'burg to Cape Town in December. It was recommended to us by an accommodation specialist, which raised our hopes as to the quality of the accommodation. Sadly, they were dashed.........
Whilst there was nothing seriously wrong with the hotel, there were several things wrong with the room we were given! It was on the lower ground floor, at the end of the building, next to the public car park. What was wrong with this room:
1) very poor security - people can just walk down from the car park onto the balcony at the back of the room. Whilst no one did whilst we were there, it was a real concern for me
2) noise - being right next to the car park, we had loud music from young people in their cars until late at night, with car parks being the obvious place today's youth like to hang out!
3) view - whilst the hotel's website shows some amazing sea views, we didn't have any, as our room looked on to..........some rocks that completely blocked the view!
4) the smell from the rocks........was quite offputing, as there are some rock rabbits living in amongst them, and they were quite smelly
Throw in some surly service from the staff at the front desk, and it all adds up to a less than fun stay. Luckily we were only there for one night.............
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Garden Route and superbly positioned on the rocks below Mossel Bay’s famous St Blaize Lighthouse, The Point Hotel offers 52 sea-facing, air-conditioned, en-suite rooms each with a private balcony which guarantees stunning sea views over the Indian Ocean. Our in-house restaurant, The Lighthouse, serves sumptuous breakfasts and offers a diverse a la carte menu which specializes in Mossel Bay’s famous seafood. A huge natural tidal pool in front of the hotel offers safe swimming and bathing, whilst surfers can enjoy one of the best surfing venues on the coast line including internationally renowned Inner and Outer Pool. The Point area boasts with six diverse restaurants – all with spectacular sea views of the Indian Ocean - and is a great place for families to stroll around and enjoy the summer sunshine and fresh ocean breeze. The unique location of The Point Hotel in an eco friendly environment, combined with professional hospitality makes this a superb choice of venue for discerning travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Point Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Hotel Mossel Bay