“Quirky setting, average coffee”

The Blue Shed Coffee Roastery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Mossel Bay
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Description: WHAT WE DO: We strive to give you the best cup of coffee each time every time. We do the micro thing because we believe that smaller is better and better is good. We provide a space where time is of no significance, where you can unwind and reminisce on times past and contemplate futures unknown WHY WE DO IT: Because coffee is not just for kings. Every cup is an experiment, a moment never to be relived like the good old days where kids were kids and ladies wore dresses and chivalry ruled. COME AND GET NOSTALGIC WITH US
“Quirky setting, average coffee”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

A cool, quirky setting and a rustic garden overlooking the sea. Although they have a large selection of beans and roasts, the coffee was below average and quite a disappointment. I got the feeling that the person who prepared my coffee was not really trained in the art of coffee preparation and although friendly did not seem particularly enthusiastic or knowledgeable about the beans. Also not much choice of treats to have with your coffee. Would go back, if only for the setting.

• Korean first
Mossel Bay, South Africa
“Bohemia Setting”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

So friends and i recently when there for coffe on a very cold day, nevertheless the coffeee and all hot condements we had were satisfactory it was very cold inside the building and then i noticed the main doors doesn`t close properly and are covered with plastic (maybe forms part of the eclectic decor) and the fireplaces were bearly birning.

However i`ll visit again if only for the old fashoin styled setting and good hot drinks, but only on a much warmer day.

Mossel Bay, South Africa
“Coffee Not to Rave About”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is one of the places that is difficult to review for me. I like the location, I find the interior interesting, I love the outiside seating with the harbour view. I did not like the not so clean toilets with no toiletpaper, the staff on duty when we visited was not very friendly, the waitress forgot my milk (we were only 2) and the coffee was so so. The cofee beans that they chose for me was roasted too dark which gave the coffee a very bitter after taste. Would I spend money to go back ... don't think so!

“A real gem”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was randomly driving past this place while looking for accommodation and was pleasantly surprised. Great selection of coffees to choose from (I recommend the house blend), and a nice little selection of cakes. The carrot cake was delicious.

A very rustic coffee house atmosphere I wouldn't expect to find in a small South African beach-side town.

• Visited May 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Something unique”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Unique coffee shop, good coffees, good cakes and a nice location, absolutely worth a visit when you are in Mosselbay.

• Visited December 2013