“Clean rooms, well maintained lawns and a sumptuous Continental breakfast. A must stay place in Mossel Bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Linkside2 Guest house

Linkside2 Guest house
Ranked #1 of 53 Mossel Bay B&B and Inns
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

When my US based son invited me and my wife to a 10 day holiday end September to early October this year,promising encounter with wild life, scenic drive along the Garden Route and family bonding we did not realize that South Africa would turn out to be the tourist paradise it turned out to be. In all the places starting from Cape Town, including the drive along the garden route from Mossel Bay to Port Elizabeth and again in the modern Josey we had no difficulty in finding easy to rent Bed and Breakfast lodges- each with its own signature quaint old world inn charm. As it was early spring the tourist rush had not started and reservation was possible over the phone on the same day. The fact that we were seven decade old seniors and die hard vegetarians was no handicap as there was a profusion of fruits and vegetable dishes which most of the lodges provided.Of all the places starting from our 2 night stay in the Taj in Cape Town to the City Lodge in Josey one place left an indelible memory in our heart. And this was the Linkside 2 Guest House in Mossel Bay. and its handsome owner Petra

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linkside, Owner at Linkside2 Guest house, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Rajan,
Thank you for your wonderful review about our beautiful Country.
I'm so glad that Linkside2 was one of the places that really impress you. For me it was a pleasure to accommodate you at Linkside2.
Have a wonderful day.
Kind regards from a beautiful Mossel Bay,
Petra.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We slept Here for One Night and it was Great. Spacious room and all was very clean and comfy. Nearly felt like home. It was topped by a lovely breakfast in the next Morning and the nice and helpful Host.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Daniel,
Thank you for taking the time to write me such a positive review!
Till next time??!!
Enjoy your day.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our room was immaculate. The bed was so comfy. The breakfast was fabulous! Our only regret is we had scheduled only to stay one night. Our host's recommendation for lunch and dinner were spot on. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear purebliss,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm looking forward to your next longer stay!!!
Have a wonderful day.
Kind regards from a beautiful Mossel Bay,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Petra was a perfect host. Attention to detail was evident at every turn. Everything a traveller could need was provided I.e. Safe, electrical adapter, lots of info about where to go. The coffee was the best I had in my trip along the garden route. The food was presented in a way seen in a 5 star hotel and the view of the ocean whilst eating breakfast was breathtaking.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Barbaraallan,
What a perfect review.....thank you. Thank you for staying at Linkside2 during your visit to Mossel Bay. Till next time??!!
Johannesburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I decided to prolong my stay in Mossel Bay and as such I booked into Linkside 2. One of the reasons I chose this particular bed and breakfast is because of the fantastic reviews it received. And I'm glad I did ... what a lovely little place. They might not have access to the beach but to be fair, the beach is a 3 minute drive away but what they do have are lovely rooms and a great breakfast. I honestly have to say with my hand on my heart that the best omelette I've ever had in my life was served to me this morning by Petra. Petra is just lovely as is her daughter Stephanie who I had the pleasure of meeting too. Her staff are just wonderful as well and they make you feel right at home. As already mentioned, the bedrooms are lovely - i happened to stay in the room overlooking the garden - and they are very tidy and clean too. I would definitely recommend this place to others ... thank you Petra for a wonderful stay. God bless.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linkside, Owner at Linkside2 Guest house, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Cheri
Wow....what can I say....thank you, thank you! Much appreciated!
When are you coming back to Mossel Bay?
Have a blessed day.
Renton, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We recently returned from the vacation of a lifetime in South Africa and Botswana. We spent the first two weeks on safaris in both countries, then finished the last two in South Africa traveling along the garden route from Port Elizabeth to Cape Town. Along that route, we stopped in Mossel Bay. We had no idea what to expect - it is not on the most traveled route, but we were very pleasantly surprised. The staff were warm and friendly, the accommodations were very clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. And the breakfast was awesome! Dave and Therese

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear David,
Thank you for taking the time to write me such a positive review.
Mossel Bay is a hidden gem....with our beautiful beaches, wonderful weather and lots to do.
I'm looking forward to your next visit??!!
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed one night en-route from Hermanus to Knysna. The room was exceptionally well furnished, obviously by someone with a flair for interior decoration. The attention to detail was amazing. It was a very comfortable stay, with Petra ensuring that we had all that we needed. Patio doors gave access to the garden where a table and chairs along with a couple of sunbeds were available for our personal use. Breakfast was very good and taken in a glass fronted room with a breathtaking view over Mossel Bay. I would recommend Linkside2 unreservedly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Duffputter
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.....I did interior decorating before I opened my first guest house!
Have a wonderful day,