All reviews day bed each evening mafia island diving chole island seafood dive centre sunset cruise homemade bread the restaurant bar area eco luxury free excursion peaceful environment coffee delivered before dinner perfect place to relax whale sharks anyone who wants
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Wonderful trip. From the time we checked in we had exceptional service. Has the feel of a "non-strip" hotel. Quieter and more sedate. The food was great. Nice to sit by the pool. They have a lovely buffet and a la carte menu. Staff and manager were all very friendly. Two particular employee (I believe the names were salma and yoseph) really made our stay special. They made us feel very welcome and well tended to.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sycomore469
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Wonderful rooms with Indian Ocean views as well as great trips to see the Blue lagoon, marimam sandbank BBQ, fabulous snorkelling at Chloe island bay and finished with cocktails around the pool while watching the flying foxes fill the air above. Also with great food and service this small hotel was very comfortable. Highly recommended

Room Tip: All have great sea views
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Parkparty2014
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I had a few days to relax after my Kilimanjaro climb in July and decided to try the snorkeling at Mafia Island, and booked myself at Pole Pole "Slowly Slowly" in Swahili. I have already booked myself at Pole Pole for February 2018 with my wife.
Serenity, Quiet, Breezy, Safe (I never locked my doors) This 7 Room Boutique Eco lodge located about 20min from the airport and is perfect for those who really want to get away. The snorkeling IS super and is expertly run (PADI dive center, nearby) The 3 meals are included and the food is fresh and plentiful. The staff is friendly and always about to assist you at any time, but never intrusive. This property is very very quiet...no music, some internet, no TV, just gaze at the incredible stars at night. Bring a book or get one from their library. One daily excursion is included in the price, or do absolutely nothing it's up to you. Have coffee in the room in the morning....and then go from there. The diving and snorkeling will bring you to Mafia island, the Stars at Pole Pole will guide you back.

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Perfect end to our family safari holiday. We had thought the wildlife was over but we're whale watching humpback whales on day 1 and having our paid discovery first dive on an insanely perfect coral reef on day 2. Loved everything about it. Thank you. We travelled with our 4 children aged 18 to 12. All loved it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank RDHT140
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Service was very very good. It surprise us every day.
The room was spacious, clean, nice and confortable with a beautiful view.
Location was so beautiful and quiet
very day we have a different exiting excursion: snorkeling, barbecue from fish made at a spectacular landscape, green turtles born at an island, etc.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent and with the same view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple