All reviews day bed each evening mafia island diving chole island seafood dive centre sunset cruise homemade bread the restaurant bar area eco luxury free excursion peaceful environment coffee delivered before dinner perfect place to relax whale sharks anyone who wants
Reviewed 15 December 2017

We stayed in Pole Pole for 9 days - it felt like 9 days in paradise. It is unbelievable how quickly you can calm down just because there is no noise, in particular no technical noise, just the whisper of the leaves of the trees in the breeze and the exotic chirp of the birds, and sometimes the people sing native tunes - it is just natural silence, relaxing and peaceful. With just 7 bungalows there are not that many guests there, mostly out for diving or snorkeling, so sometimes it feels as if you would be even alone in the wonderful area which is kept pretty natural. Many places to stay and enjoy the scenery, down at the beach, on your private veranda, in the open air library, or at the lovely bar which allows to watch the bats flying from Chole island to Mafia in the twilight, while you are sitting there, having a glass of wine and recounting the adventures of the day above and below the surface in low voice waiting for another superb dinner. That is Pole Pole. And a service team who seems to have only one concern: To make this stay for you to the best stay ever.

Room Tip: Die Bungalows sind alle gleich schön, wer allerdings am Pool ist (Bungalow 5) hat noch ein wenig Internet Empfang
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Its hide Paradise ,,
Nice view
U will enjoy the silence of the natural and listen to the animal

Rooms its comfortable with good room services.
Lovely management with the staff
Chill swimming pool
The food is great selection.

Recommended :::

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I am so glad that we decided to spend a few nights on Mafia and I am doubly glad that we ended up at Pole Pole.

The food was amazing. The accommodation was lovely. The staff were the most attentive and sweet that I have ever met I think and Mussa seemed to have his finger on the pulse of everything. That is, if you consider Mafia to have much of a pulse, and I say that in a good way. This place was all about relaxing for me.

We loved our snorkling trip and we were lucky enough to see a whale shark in late October. But it really was the attention to each guest staying at Pole Pole that blew me away.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017

All I can say is I am SO glad we chose to stay here. From my first contact with Paola to enquire about reservations to our final departure, everything was perfectly taken care of for us. Mussa (THANK YOU Mussa!!) and his entire team at Pole Pole made our stay so relaxing and stress free. Many people seem to come here after a safari to chill, but we came to Tanzania just for Mafia and the diving. With only 7 bungalows, everything feels quite private. My husband enjoyed 3 massages during our stay. I especially loved that we could have coffee delivered to our bungalow in the morning to enjoy on the terrace before heading to breakfast or venturing off to any activities planned for the day. They'll take your order for sundowners on your terrace in the evening, but we often ended up hanging out at the beach for a beer after diving. Like many other reviewers have mentioned, Mafia Island Diving runs many of the activities and one of the team from the dive center comes over each evening to discuss what you might want to do the next day. Because our dives were during the middle of the day, Pole Pole packed a lunch for us each day and delivered it directly to the boat in the cool box. Easy peasy. We basically just needed to show up on time! The photos you see definitely don't do Pole Pole justice. It's even more beautiful and serene in person. If you like a small island vibe with a good mix of relaxing and activities (turtle hatching, whale watching, sunset sails, village visits, snorkeling or diving, etc.), Pole Pole is definitely the perfect place to spend your holiday!

Room Tip: Bungalow 6 was lovely!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hnymnr68
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Jambo!! We spent three nights at Pole Pole and found it quite peaceful with nicely laid out cabins, a pool and spa, a quiet beach and excellent food. The resort managers Moosah and Alberto were always generous with their time, checking with us throughout our stay to ensure we were okay. The restaurant had delicious food and we were quite happy with Joseph and Salma who worked at the restaurant.

There are plenty of water based adventures with folks from the dive shop (further down the beach) setting up your next dat adventures before dinner each night. We went out for afternoon snorkeling. The ride to the reef was smooth and the reef had plenty of fish viewing. Unfortunately I easily get seasick so the snorkeling did not work that well for me. Still it was a nice snorkeling site.

There are other water adventures and trip to Chole Island, but we opted to relax and chill at the resort.

Too small downsides, the beach is in the bay so tides impact any potential swimming and wi-fi service was spotty, but it was great place to relax and unwind with various activities during the day if you so choose. Oh and plenty of bats overhead from Chole each evening. Very cool.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends