“Mouth dropping with natures beauty!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moshi
Ndarakwai Ranch Camp
Ranked #5 of 65 Speciality Lodging in Moshi
Arusha, Tanzania
“Mouth dropping with natures beauty!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

If you like peace and quiet or need constant stimulation, this is the place for you!

I had arrived with three other friends from Arusha, Tanzania, Africa, to this most outstanding ranch that I have honestly speaking, ever seen in my entire years of living.
I have been to other lodges and ranches but this one, this one was something special.

As soon as we got to the camp, we were served with a cold refreshing drink, which was just what we needed. Excellent greeting! :)

We had come with tents because we decided to camp "out in the wild" so they say. :)

We did get a look at the rooms, and I would love to share that the rooms are all tented rooms and surrounded by beautiful bush, filled with bush animals. That when you closed your eyes, you could hear the sound of nature wriggle and animals echoing. Astonishing sounds, relaxing sounds, vacation sounds, most of all I think, therapeutic sounds for sure.

"Mother nature sure has a way of surprising you. :)"

We were taken on a game drive by Eric Jones, where we saw a whole bunch of zebras, giraffes, wildebeests, all sorts of different birds, bush bucks, impalas, etc..
It was the most beautiful experience.
Especially driving back to camp after the game drive with the view of mountains and the sunset in the background!
It was just so fascinating that we didn't want the sun to set and go back to camp! :(

Later on that evening, we went for a relaxing social hang out on the porch of the dining area, where there you were given cut up bananas and the Bush Babies would come, and eat bananas from your hand. Amazing experience, such soft animals that nibble on your hand as they eat. They were so cute I wanted to take one home soooo bad.
Adorable little creature.

That night we had head back to our tents, passed out as soon as our heads hit the pillow, had an amazing day and a good night of sleep. But the most magical part of it all, was waking up to a beautiful sunrise, hear the birds chirping and the animals ranting...

"Ndarakwai.. You're overwhelming with happiness in my soul! :)"

Now don't get me started about the food!
One main thing I have to mention before I start! I'm usually not a soup eater, but... I couldn't resist the most outrageous taste of the soups I was served, incredible!

First night we had a fixed menu of green banana soup, beef lasagne, boiled veggies, home grown green salad, fresh baked bread, followed by the sweet taste of crème caramel.

The following morning for breakfast, we had home made granola, extremely good. Pancakes, toppings, fresh bread, fresh fruits, coffee, tea... A choice of eggs, bacon, hash browns, etc.. Was a great pampered morning. :)

Lunch!
We had a BBQ with goat making it's way into our belly's, followed by a side table of delicious side dishes, to go along with your goat. Cold avocado soup, pasta, hummus, greens, green salad, coleslaw salad, aubergine salad, sauces, fresh peta bread, etc..
Was an amazing, tummy filling lunch!

The food was out of this world, delicious, filling, cooked with a full heart.

Service was excellent, royalty felt at 100% I must say.

Sad part of it all, we had come for one night, which was very short.
We wished we could have stayed longer, but some of us had to get back to work.

Ndarakwai Ranch was an experience I will cherish and never forget!

PS: Ndarakwai... Is an extremely romantic honeymoon spot, for those of you who are looking for a location. :)

Thank you Eric Jones for an incredible experience.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Daniellefain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Put simply, our stay at Ndarakwai was out of this world! My wife and I went and stayed in the nicest accommodation (everything was thought through!)!! From the massive beds to the writing desk, huge shower and the private veranda looking out on the bush animals! Oh and the bush babes that come for a snack of banana every evening from your hands!

The food was just lovely, everything was sustainably sourced, either home grown or brought from a local tribe. ALL the furniture and building material is sustainably sourced which was a deal maker for us!

The owner Peter has thought everything through and is truly giving back to the environment and the local population. The staff are impeccable and so friendly! I haven't even mentioned the game trip yet..!

Well, we went out with Eric, Peters son, who took us to see a whole range of zebra, wildebeest, loads of giraffe, migrating stalks and best of all the beautiful elephants! This was my first safari experience but I feel like I have spoilt all the rest now because this was so special. Seeing the sun set behind Killi whilst out in the park followed by a nice hot shower and gorgeous dinner was a great way to finish the day. To top it off we were served fresh goat on the bbq the next day with a full spread of home made foods from hummus, chilli sauces, cold avocado soup with a cold ginger and mint drink. All I can say is...it was special Peter & Eric, thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WanderingHills
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The caveat: I was staying at the camp while on a video shoot and going to stay there regardless of reviews. I'd seen pictures and knew the owners through production work...but this was my first visit.
The camp: Wow. Having traveled all over God's green Earth and stayed in hundreds of properties, Ndarakwai stands out as one of my top ten most memorable properties. Excellent staff and accommodations. Owners are committed to making as little environmental impact as possible and all power is solar (with generator backups). You're not going to have power in your tent...but that was no big deal. (and this from a guy who had to charge camera/monitor/lights/laptop batteries each day after shooting)

My only complaint is that I didn't get to stay longer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PursuiterGuy
Moshi, Tanzania
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We live in Moshi and have therefore visited many lodges and national parks. Peter Jones's camp is beautiful, ecological, like an oasis in a jungle with a river running through it. He is doing wonderful work for the environment and local schools. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Camilla S
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Such a beautiful place in such a great location next to a trickling river. Such great staff and such a nice feel to it! Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants an enjoyable stay! I for sure will be returning in the near future!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Llh89
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Ndarakwai Ranch is an experience I will never forget: truly an elegant ranch embedded within magnificent views from your table. The atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff was also second to none and the game drive was not only an enjoyable experience but a very informative one too. The tents were of luxury standard and the food was top class - I would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone seeking to travel to Tanzania.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Davedass M
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Time stood still. Weeks of stressed dissolved into the harmonious lull of the warm African air whilst the burden of accumulated worry, imposed on us by our laborious careers of monotony, were washed away into the serene trickle of water flowing past the camp. Reclined and relaxed in Ndarakwai ranch, my mind soothed by nuances of nothingness, at last I was at peace.

This place truly is wonderful. Its functionality and sophistication panders to your every need whilst leaving you immersed in the beauty of nature. As humans we are continually confused about what makes us happy, often the answer is something unexplainable. Ndarakwai is a place that will leave you truly happy in the most subtle of manors.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moshi
Mount Kilimanjaro View Lodge
#1 of 1 in Engare Nanyuki
Stella Maris Lodge
Stella Maris Lodge
#2 of 65 in Moshi

Been to Ndarakwai Ranch Camp? Share your experiences!