Ndarakwai Ranch Camp
US$54
Orbitz.com
US$65
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstree housebush babieswalking safarigame drivesnature walkconservation areabird lifenocturnal animalsbanana slicesprivate tentobservation towertented accommodationtail endanimals includingafrican bushrunning waterevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2014

While doing the Tanzania section of the Walk with Rangers, I was lucky enough to be able to stay a night at Ndarakwai Camp and gather myself. The staff were wonderful, ensuring that I was comfortable and that there was water for showers. They even did my laundry. The food is amazing,in fact for breakfast they serve the best muesli/granola that I have ever eaten. Made on the premises. Nothing was too much for them to do.
Thank you very much for being so kind to us walkers. I hope to come back and visit soon,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Ndarakwai, Owner at Ndarakwai Ranch Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hi Janey1mac,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We always try and make whatever food we can at Ndarakwai, and i'm glad you like our Granola. I will pass on your thanks to the team in camp!

You are welcome anytime!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for 2 nights. I was amazed at the standard of this ranch in terms of food, accommodation and wildlife. The ranch is environmentally friendly, which was great to see. It is a tented lodge but not tents in the sense that most people would understand, roomy, clean and with all facilities including en suite. We were treated to an early morning 1/2 day walk around the ranch that was amazing, we saw orphaned elephants, zebra, eland, gazelles and many other animals/birds. A bush baby was at the lodge during dinner that was so cute. I would have liked to spend 2 weeks here but it was a great start to our safari experience. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank RobbieCCCCC
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a yoga teacher based in Zanzibar and I just organised 2 retreats for guests coming from Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar and UK. Both weekend retreats at Ndarakwai were a big success with all guests extremely happy with all aspects.

If you havent been to Ndarakwai, it really is a must. Set in the most beautiful surroundings, we saw so much wildlife each time we left the camp including on one safari drive alone, 46 elephants, hundreds of zebra, wildebeest, warthogs, giraffes, buffalo, not to mention the most amazing birds.

An afternoon was spent chilling on the platform overlooking the water hole. Whilst we lazed in the sun, enjoying our lunch, we spotted many animals and birds without even having to move :)

The night drive was a wonderful experience as was the walking safari where again, many animals were seen.

Ndarakwai food is amazing. If anything, I ate too much that my yoga practice was often difficult! I loved the huge breakfasts and in particulr the cinnamon rolls :) :)

The staff were friendly, helpful but not intrusive and the guides and rangers really know their stuff. I learnt so much.

The luxury ensuite tents are beatifully laid out and the beds so comfortable! The peace and quiet was a welcome change. The perfect place for clients to relax and rejuvenate.

I could write and write. Visit yourself or join me on a future retreat, you wont regret.

Thanks Ndarakwai, it really was a wonderful stay. Im missing it so much.

See you soon!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We spent two nights there at the end of april. We found the best spot to begin the safari. Quiet and beautiful! The walking safari was an amazing experience and visiting the Masai was awesome. The most beautifull sunset from their stunning tree house. Perfect place, perfect food anf perfect service! Thank you for the experience! We wish we can come back soon! Ndarakwai camp team know how to make you enjoy Africa!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I can't say enough about the Ndarakwai Camp, this place was magical. We spent a week at the camp and the entire time we experienced delicious homemade food, generous staff, unbelievable wildlife and slept in the most amazing rooms I have ever experienced. Drinking coffee in the morning on the private balcony was such a beautiful experience each morning. The layout and design of the camp creates a feeling of renewal. Ideal place to go to just get away from everything!!! It was just an overall unbelievable trip. I will definitely return! Everyone should have the opportunity to experience this piece of the world. Thank-you Eric - the experience was unforgettable!! xx

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ndarakwai, Owner at Ndarakwai Ranch Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Hi Kat S,

It was an absolute pleasure having you here! Thanks for the review, and i am glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us. You are welcome back anytime! Karibu sana!