“Best place in town!”
Review of Tembotamu B&B

Tembotamu B&B
Ranked #1 of 61 Moshi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, comfy place this is definitely the spot to go to. Rooms have everything you need, surrounded by a beautiful garden. The hostess is very friendly, will help you with everything you need and serves the best breakfast in Tanzania! She can also make dinner, which is a bit expensive compared to Tanzanian prices, but you will not be dissapointed. We also booked our Kilimanjaro trip through them. Due to illness and other problems we had a very troubled climb but they helped us out in a great way. So unless you want to stay in the city centre surrounded by a lot of backpackers you will not find a better place than Tembotamu!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a few nights before and after climbing Kilimanjaro, and we had a great time! Sandra is very mother like and when you stay at her B&B you feel like you're in a welcoming home. She cooks amazing breakfast/dinner and takes time to sit down eat with the guests. This B&B is a nice welcome relief from the craziness that comes with being in Tanzania and the hospitality is second to none. The whole time I was climbing the mountain, all I kept thinking about was how I was looking forward to coming back to Tembotamu and having a Tusker beer in their beautiful courtyard! The rooms do get a little hot at night, but they cool down by the morning...but it's also Africa. The only qualm I have is that it's a healthy walk from downtown Moshi, but they will arrange for a driver to take you to town ($10 round trip). I highly recommend staying here if you happen to be coming through Moshi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I just stayed one night, but it was a good start of my trip through Africa. I was looking for a nice place to stay not so far from Kilimanjaro Airport. Sandra arranged for a transfer and welcomed me late at night. The room was comfortable with a large bed and mosquito net. The next morning I was leaving early, but not without a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I like Tembo Tamu because it is small. This allowed us to meet the other guests and provided a home-like and friendly accommodation. Several times we ventured out with some of the other guests into town or on a coffee tour. Sandra is a fantastic hostess and was always helpful arranging our last minute requests.

I will definitely stay there again next time I am in Tanzania.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Sandra is very hospitable and the rooms were well equipped and comfy. It is a bit outside of the centre so is very quiet (and safe). Taxis are cheap from here to anywhere you want to go. They also arrange tours so, really, you can get it all at this B & B. I stayed in both the cottage and a private room inside the main house (with ensuite).

Room Tip: If there are 2 or more of you, ask for the cottage, which has 2 bedrooms and a sitting room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

In October 2013 we went on safari! Finally because we always dreamt about it. We searched the internet and tried to find a reliable and affordable agency. After a while we found Tembotamu and decided to book the trip with them.

When we arrived at the airport, Sandra picked us up. We drove to Sandra's place and picked up some food on the local market. The first night we slept at the guest house which we shared with the other couple who were joining us during the trip, which was very nice. We had a nice dinner and went to bed.

The next day we had to leave pretty early and after a nice breakfast we met our diver and guide for the trip. Our stuff was packed and we drove off. We picked up our cook and started our safari. During the trip the guide and cook took very good care. We had so much fun and we saw so much wildlife. The quality was great and time went just to fast. After an exiting week we came back at Sandra's place and shared our stories. The trip was great from the beginning till the end.

So if you are searching for a good and very affordable safari, book the trip with Tembotamu.

Marcel & Marylka from the Netherlands

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I am so glad I found Tembotamu! We had been planning this trip since last October and Sandra assisted us every step of the way. They organized a Kilimanjaro climb for my husband and two friends and in addition a safari for me. All of it was amazing, including the guides. Since I was alone, Sandra hooked me up with a wonderful Polish couple to join on the safari and now I can say I have new friends!! The rest of the time, since I was alone while my husband was on the climb, Sandra took really good care of me. I felt so well cared for and safe. Even though I may be 15 years her senior.....she mothered me! I went to town with her several times shopping and she provided cooked dinners at home as well as a few fun meals out. I had a great time hanging out with her and her adorable son, Tony. We even went to visit his school. The breakfasts are great and the living/dining room is available to work at and make yourself at home. I was actually studying online while there. We stayed in the cottage and it was perfect. The grounds are lovely and peaceful. They have beautiful garden and porch areas. They will even do your laundry for a charge.
I can't say enough about this B and B! Sandra and Frank run a lovely operation and offer way beyond the call of duty! Thank you!! We hope to return someday!!

Room Tip: The cottage is nice if you need two rooms. There is a living room to spread out.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple