“Great mixed vegetable curry!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Milan's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 59 Restaurants in Moshi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great mixed vegetable curry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We loved the mixed vegetable curry so much we ordered a second helping! It was delicious.

We also got a chick pea dish and I don't think they were fully cooked unfortunately.

The prices were definitely reasonable but I would have preferred larger portions.

Overall a good place that I would go back to just for the curry.

County Wexford, Ireland
“lunch visits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Despite its name, this is an Indian restaurant and not a n Italian one! There was a good variety on menu, tasty food and not expensive. Service is speedy enough allowing that it is Africa time

Visited July 2014
hiten p, Owner at Milan's Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We are very much obliged that you enjoyed our cuisine and service and we welcome you very much. Thank you for your kind review. We also would like to tell you a little bit about our restaurant, the name milan is italian but it has a meaning in indian as well which means when "two loved ones unite" this name to our restaurant was given after my brother was born and couple of months later we opened the restaurant.

However please karibu sana and I hope you have fabolous time in tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great food and friendly staff. I would ask for the "Adam's Special" an off-menu favourite. Perfect combination of a bunch of different beans and vegetables - it's a hefty meal. I also heard the dish was named after a really handsome frequent customer.

Visited July 2014
hiten p, Owner at Milan's Restaurant, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Adams special is indeed invented by our frequent customer... we give him the credit of contributing to invent the tasty dish. We always welcome such customers like that.

Thanks once again. Karibu sanaaa
Moshi, Tanzania
“Owner abusive to waitresses - I witnessed this tonight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

*I have NEVER seen such an episode as this one and will NEVER return. This owner had no respect for his employees or his customers, and probably not his family members who were also working there at the time. I do not trust them to make good food and certainly do not want to support their verbally abusive behavior towards young women.

As an expat, I had heard about the nice price and fair food at Milan's from the Doctor's Compound where I live at KCMC. With a fellow doctor, I visited the restaurant tonight, ready to enjoy some south Indian dishes that were not offered at El Rancho or Sikh Club. The food was mediocre at best, and the prices are quite a bit higher than the menu on their website. What has astounded me by any and all belief is what we witnessed for 10 minutes during our meal and again shortly afterwards. One of the owners, perhaps an adult son of the older owner behind the counter began yelling at one of the young, female waitresses who could not have been more than 20. He yelled into her face with such animosity, we were worried he would hit her. It continued in front of the other owners and employees, who watched but said nothing, for about ten more minutes. Then, he started yelling at her again on our way out of the restaurant in Swahili. Our cab driver, who was a local and Swahili speaker, told us he threatened a man at a table sitting outside as well. It was INSANE. If this had been in the US, I would have called the police. I will be living here for another full year and will NEVER visit this restaurant again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
hiten p, Owner at Milan's Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We regret to hear that your experience was unpleasant, however we would like to clarify that the altercation was of a misunderstanding. The level of my voice could have been slightly high but I can assure you that it was not meant to cause insult or be malicious. Things are highly misconstrued here. Hope you can put this aside. I can assure you that your next visit will be delightful we have been running this restaurant for over 3 decades and we have being providing true class service, created by great ambience for our customers and reputable name for ourselves. A lot of times the locals misconstrue the stories told to the visitors, so I ask with humble request please do not judge the book by its cover. We wish you well with everything you are doing and karibu sana
Henfield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had dinner in Milan's recently with a group of friends, this is a vegetarian Indian cafe / restaurant which has a good selection of various Indian curries etc. A good drinks menu is also available which are all reasonably priced.
Whilst not a vegetarian I thoroughly enjoyed the food - we had a mixed platter of various dishes which I would recommend as you receive a varied selection the chickpea dish was delicious!
Good service and very good value for the food would recommend for a good value night out

• Visited July 2014