“Great food, good people”
Review of Pamoja Bar & Cafe

Pamoja Bar & Cafe
Ranked #12 of 62 Restaurants in Moshi
Cuisines: American, African, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Pamoja Cafe, home to "Moshi's Best Burgers", is a chilled out and funky Rasta Bar, serving great local and western food, cold beer and cocktails. Located in the heart of Moshi, close to several hotels and hostels, Pamoja is a favourite spot for locals, expats and tourists alike. We keep our prices low, our beer cold, our food delicious, our Wifi free and our atmosphere relaxed and friendly. Best of all, all profits from the sale of food go to support Pamoja Tunaweza Women's Centre, which offers affordable medical care, scholarships and business training. Come join us soon and feel the love.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Food was awesome, but quite slow. Apparently they had run out of buns the time we went, but their pulled pork burger was amazing, as well as the chips and dips, and the manager was quite friendly.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food and atmosphere were great. I was there during the World Cup and I enjoyed being able to watch the games with locals and tourists who all came together to enjoy the festivities. Service was a little slow, but the food tasted great once it arrived. I enjoyed that this restaurant wasn't just a place for tourists, but a place where locals could hang out and have a beer as well. The menu also offered a great variety of western and African options. This is definitely a place I will return to when I make my way back to Moshi again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We found this place tucked away in Moshi town near the office of the Company we used to book our Kili climb and Safari. This is great place catering to foreigners and natives alike. First and importantly, they offer free wifi! Second, their menu is pretty diverse offering delicious local dishes as well as sandwiches/ paninis, salads, etc. The prices were also very affordable, especially given the fact that a portion of the proceeds go to a charity that the owner helps run. The owner of the restaurant is a really friendly Canadian who likes to converse with visitors. The restaurant itself is open air decorated with Rasta colors and Bob Marley paraphenalia. We enjoyed the reggae tunes as well!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have lived in Moshi for several years and as a result, I get stuck in a rut which restaurants I go to for my meals. When I read about the reviews of Pamoja Cafe, I was embarrassed that I was not even aware of it. I have known about the NGO associated with it but did not know that they were now operating a restaurant & bar. I have now gone there a few times, mostly to give it a fair chance. I place is more of a bar with food served than a restaurant. It is small with some inside tables but mostly outside seating. It is a reggae themed bar and would not seem out of place on a patch of sand in Jamaica. I give it credit for having a little personality in its décor. I have only gone during slow times but the service was nearly non existent. The food was pretty good, but not the best to be found in Moshi and the prices were not a great value for Moshi but not awful either. I probably would enjoy the experience better if I drank alcohol. I might go there again in the future just for some variety, but nothing has made me feel compelled to place it in my regular rotation of dining spots.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I didn't get to taste the food offered except the samoosas and Kilimanjaro lager. That time no big crowd since it was early and found out from Mary (the lady behind the bar) that the establishment was supporting the local women community. What prompted me to enter the establishment in the first place was the outside setting. It's kinda cozy and the curio shop besides it didnt hinder but became part of the atmosphere. Among the food shops I entered and dine in Moshi this was the only place where one dont have to pay the wifi.