“Swahili food with great prices, great cause”
Review of Pamoja Bar & Cafe

Pamoja Bar & Cafe
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Moshi
Cuisines: American, African, Barbecue, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Pamoja Cafe, home to "Moshi's Best Burgers", is a chilled out and funky Rasta Bar, serving great local and western food, cold beer and cocktails. Located in the heart of Moshi, close to several hotels and hostels, Pamoja is a favourite spot for locals, expats and tourists alike. We keep our prices low, our beer cold, our food delicious, our Wifi free and our atmosphere relaxed and friendly. Best of all, all profits from the sale of food go to support Pamoja Tunaweza Women's Centre, which offers affordable medical care, scholarships and business training. Come join us soon and feel the love.
Moshi, Tanzania
“Swahili food with great prices, great cause”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a treat! After walking around in the Curio shops, we sat down outside at the Pamoja Cafe. We initially sat in the outdoor, shaded picnic tables (with cushions) for an hour or so. I had a passion fruit fanta - the best! and not available in the U.S. We used their free WiFi - very unusual in Moshi for it to be free. We then took a glance at the very affordable Menu. I had a lentil and coconut dish with fresh greens and freshly made chapati while my friend had a traditional chicken stew with ugali (kind of like a soft ball of grits and quite good). Both dishes were very good and filling. Although, generally Tanzanians do not use as much salt as we do in the US so you may need to add some. Our total bill for 2 sodas, 2 main dishes that were filling, and several hours of free WiFi? 9,000 Tanzania Shillings - about 7$ USD!! The best part I did not realize until after the fact is that profits go to the Pamoja Tunaweza Women's Center. I regret that I did not tip more. Next time, I will!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Portland, Maine
“Relaxed atmosphere, great food, WiFi!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pamoja is a great gathering-place for foreigners and locals, reasonably priced and very good food (inc. breakfast) in a pleasant atmosphere (especially if you like reggae). It was my go-to place in the evening for the laid-back vibe and fascinating conversations with locals, ex-pats, and tourists. I believe that some of their profits go to the Pamoja Tunaweza Women's Centre.

• Visited September 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Great food, good people”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Food was awesome, but quite slow. Apparently they had run out of buns the time we went, but their pulled pork burger was amazing, as well as the chips and dips, and the manager was quite friendly.

Visited July 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Relaxed Atmosphere and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The food and atmosphere were great. I was there during the World Cup and I enjoyed being able to watch the games with locals and tourists who all came together to enjoy the festivities. Service was a little slow, but the food tasted great once it arrived. I enjoyed that this restaurant wasn't just a place for tourists, but a place where locals could hang out and have a beer as well. The menu also offered a great variety of western and African options. This is definitely a place I will return to when I make my way back to Moshi again.

Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida, United States
“A great place to hang on your down time in Moshi!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We found this place tucked away in Moshi town near the office of the Company we used to book our Kili climb and Safari. This is great place catering to foreigners and natives alike. First and importantly, they offer free wifi! Second, their menu is pretty diverse offering delicious local dishes as well as sandwiches/ paninis, salads, etc. The prices were also very affordable, especially given the fact that a portion of the proceeds go to a charity that the owner helps run. The owner of the restaurant is a really friendly Canadian who likes to converse with visitors. The restaurant itself is open air decorated with Rasta colors and Bob Marley paraphenalia. We enjoyed the reggae tunes as well!

Visited June 2014