All reviews zara tours kilimanjaro climb shuttle bus base camp nice pool home base kilimanjaro airport moshi town safari africa climbers nets properties treks plugs mount oasis
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been taking friends climbing up Kilimanjaro and on safari with zara tours since 1998 and though the Hotel and company (now 6 properties 750 employees) has grown over the years the Zainab Ansell and her employees always bring me back. It is a private hotel so you cannot just drive up and get a room, so you have something in common with every guest there, climbing kili, Zanzibar, or safari with zare tours. I climb Kilimanjaro for the 21st time June 20-25, my last climb in January was fantastic and this time I am taking friends out on Safari first and then up Kili. I will go back again in September 2012 to take 4 other groups. Remember though you are in Tanzania not the your home and we do have some sporadic electricity problems and some of our roads are not as smooth as your main street, but you will have the "Bucket List" adventure of your life!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank kilimanjaro
Zainab A, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hi,
We Sincerely appreciate the comment you posted on the Trip Advisor Website, Springlands hotel page. We are waiting to host you for the 19th time and you are welcome to book any activity with us in future.

Regards,

Zainab Ansell.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We arrived in moshi quite late at night on Friday, May 4, 2011. It was late night and finding the hotel was a nightmare. We pulled up at the gate and asked the gentleman who stepped out if there was any availability he said yes. As we were about to enter with the car another gentleman stepped out and said they could not offer us lodging as we were locals in Swahili. My husband is from Tanzania and speaks there language we were shocked and dismayed at what he heard. He questioned the guard whether this was a usual practice and his answer was, Yes. It was a nasty experience, a hotel in the middle of Tanzania not for black people. Am so happy we were turnedx away and did not spend any money in this racist establishment!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmaterasuOm
miasuntz, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Hi,
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused you and its unfortunate that you were provided with misleading information concerning how business is conducted at our hotel, as it is not our custom to send guests away. However, it is unusual for us to receive walk-in clients as Springlands hotel is a private hotel and requires guests to have pre-booked a package with us either Mount Kilimanjaro hiking or safari. We have hosted several Tanzania groups who booked a package with us , so we do host black people in our properties. As a result we will be conducting further training with our front gate attendants so that they can provide the appropriate information required to our clients.

Best regards,

Zainab Ansell.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at Springlands Hotel as part of our Mt. Kilimanjaro trip that was organized through Zara Tours. The hotel is a good one, clean, well maintained, accommodating staff, spare equipment for the climb, and good food (their tomato and cheese sandwich is to die for!).

A good place to stay before embarking on your Kilimanjaro climb!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Amit R
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My safari experience through Zara Tours surpassed my expectations! Mama Zara, Rahma and their professional team delivered exemplary service, smiles and wholesome tasty meals during my 5 day excursion to Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorogoro and Tarangine National Parks. The debriefing was short and to the point. Our guide (Mohammed) was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, professional, prompt, attentive and exuded a keen sense of humour. He was so helpful and on many occasions offerred to take tricky pics of the animals for me. The safari was well organized; the jeep was sturdy and well maintained. The staff at the Serengeti in the wild campsite were excellent hosts, especially Freddy, the assistant manager who lit a huge campfire each evening where we communed, listened to the wailing of the hyenas, basked in the vast beautiful starlit sky and revelled in homespun tales! As a novice camper, I was overjoyed at the hot water shower, huge bed with mosquito netting and camper chairs outside with a lantern. Meals were buffet style, varied and nutritious! I think it's noteworthy to recommend that a thermal lunchbox (with icepack) is used during safari to minimize bacterial infection to replace the cardboard carton. Hopefully they will followup on my suggestion. My 2 day experience at Highview Hotel - a gorgeous property set on huge rolling hill acreage was memorable too. The rooms were comfortable, clean and the view was extraordinary! Surrounded by coffee plantations, organic farms, Maasai presence crafting and selling their exquisite artwork, a local group of young people who entertained and enthralled with their evening performance - drumming, musicians, contortionists, acrobatics, dancing, singing - what a bonus! The manager, Leila and her staff were very attentive, affable and professional! They are constructing an on-site spa to add to the amenities - what a splendid addition! As a single woman, I always felt safe and secure during my entire 5 day safari! Thank you ZARA TOURS!!

Toronto, Canada

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank drmigi c
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed at the Springlands as part of our Mt Kilimanjaro climb with Zara tours. It was perfect for what we needed before and after our trip (which we greatly enjoyed and would strongly recommend). The rooms were clean, cool and safe and all the staff extremely friendly and supportive of us. The WIFI services were also excellent. I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mcbrik
miasuntz, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Hi,
we sincerely appreciate the comment you posted on the trip advisor, Springlands hotel page. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your tour with us and you are welcome to book any activity with us again.

Best regards,