All reviews zara tours mama zara kilimanjaro climb buffet style garden bar shuttle bus your luggage nice pool base camp home base kilimanjaro airport hot shower pre and post moshi town zainab guide safari
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I love Springlands. I recently spent 8-9 nights there. I was traveling by myself and climbed Kilimanjaro with Zara Tours. I was totally comfortable at the hotel. The staff was excellent, they knew my name and were so pleasant.

I had a tour of Moshi with one of the staff which was great. I could have walked Moshi by myself but it was more insightlful and gave me a better opportunity to see the markets, etc where I would have maybe not gone alone.

Penny in reservations was great, Jesica give a wonderful massage. I can't wait to go back!

Room tip: I will say ask for a garden room. The first room I had was noisy it was near the garden bar.
1  Thank locogringocom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The motel is clean and nice. You cannot ask for better service. There is only one issue that I ran into and that is that all of the rooms are double rooms, meaning that you have a chance of sharing a room with someone else. I usually don't have an issue with that, but if you snore, that can suck. Also, room 74 sucks! It is right beside the bar and you can hear the people late into the night. I didn't have a problem because I was taking Lunesta at the time. Other than that, I highly recommend the motel.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Our first night in Tanzania. Four stars for value. We had a basic room for one night which is all that we paid for.The room was a small room with twin bed’s and a 50’s era highway motel bathroom. There were mosquito nets but one had open holes. The holes in mine were taped up. We originally didn’t use the nets but after a mosquito buzzed my ear I put them out. We killed the mosquito and it turned out to be the only one we saw all week. It's head is mounted above our fireplace at home. We did sleep through most of the night, but it was a noisy place; Hot water heater sounded like a boiler when heating (we were supposed to turn it off), a phone rang in the middle of the night, the walls stopped no noise, and the guy in the next room was snoring loudly. At 5:00am the calls to prayer started and did not stop for an hour and a half. A rooster was crowing in the distance, but he was drown out by the Koranic recitations. Somebody next door had a “knock loudly on the door” wake up call at 6:00am. We got up at 6:10am and went to breakfast at 6:30. Breakfast was good. On to Arusha . . . . .

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This is a nice, clean basic hotel. I booked 2 climbs with Zara tours, which operates the hotel. My climbs, guides, porters surpassed expectations and I had the best time of my life.

Room & bathroom were clean, had hot water with decent pressure and a shower that drained well, comfortable bed. Breakfasts were the same each day and there was always tons of fresh fruit. Dinner buffets at $10 were a bit pricey, the food was decent, the desserts a hit or miss. It's a bit out of town but you can take the hotel-run van for $2 return into the city, not sure what the latest time it runs.

Just make sure when you pay your bill at check out you double check your receipts because they tend to do "funny math." This happened to me and a number of others. They tend to round up or add a dollar or two to your bill, then shortchange you another dollar or two. It's such a small amount to fret over, but it's just wrong if they do that consistently to their guests.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed at the Springlands Hotel with a G Adventures tour this past week.
I had paid for a single room with my tour, and was much happier with my room on the return from the trek than my arrival room (twin beds in the first room, and 3/4 beds in the second room, and the second room in a quieter area near the front of the hotel). However, in both cases, the room was clean, there was hot water (if you turned on the switch for the hot water heater), and I found the beds comfortable.
There are mosquito nets around each bed which proved useful as the mosquitoes come out as soon as the sun goes down.
The free Wifi didn't work in the rooms, but worked well enough (though slow and disconnected regularly) in the area by the gift shop and near the bar.
Transfer to the airport on departure was good but I was sitting there waiting and the staff didn't let me know the driver had arrived. It was only when I asked when it was coming (15 minutes after scheduled time) that he told me it was one of the cars already there.
Staff friendly and helpful.
Location seemed a little bit out of the way, but they do have shuttles into Moshi (about 10 minute drive).
Included breakfast was great with a lot of fresh fruit and many options (including eggs to order). Dinner was good too (at $10) with some healthy options.