Springlands Hotel
US$78
US$72
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewszara tourskilimanjaro climbbuffet styleshuttle busyour luggagekili triphis teamnice poolbase campkilimanjaro airportfelt safepre and postcommon areasmoshi townzainabguideafrica
Reviewed 25 October 2012

As everyone staying at the hotel, we were Zara Tour guests. We arrived the first night after traveling from the US for a single night before leaving to climb Kilimanjaro. The room was small and rather dated but clean(isn) and fine for what it was. You will not be staying at Springslands if you are not on a Zara Tour. After 6 days on the mountain, were returned to a wonderful room that was dry, clean, spacious, and had hot running water. Interestingly enough, it was the same room... A week on the mountain changes your view of things considerably. What makes Springslands a nice hotel is the staff. Everyone is very friendly, able to help with just about anything (arranging laundry, day trips, drinks by the pool, etc.). Overall, the hotel is fine. Rather dirty by that is relative in a place that has a dry and wet season.
Laundry takes more time that they say so be prepared. It will not be ready at 2 in the afternoon but more likely the following morning at the earliest. They wash things by hand and air dry them. There are no laundry facilities for you to do your own laundry. It is also VERY expensive relative to where you are. We paid $76 USD for our climbing clothes to be washed. A sum that was more than if we paid to have them laundered in the states.
The hotel itself feel very safe. Safe deposit boxes are available for $1 USD/day as well as free luggage storage. 500 ml local beers are $3 USD and lots of water is available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road as the are cleaner and quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Their card machine wouldn't work to settle my bill when i was checking out. So i called my bank and the transaction wasn't reaching them. I told them i could settle my bill in GBP rather than USD which they refused even though it was their bank card that wasn't working. Eventually they agree to accept GBP but they say my $270 bill is £220 in pounds, the real rate is £175. All while this is going on the girl is seemingly very frustrated at me for this and complaining to her coworkers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TravellerName
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel itself was very nice but there are a couple of things you need to consider.

We had booked for 2 nights prior to our climb and 1 night after. When we arrived at the airport we were told that there had been some trouble with the rooms which was being dealt with so we had to stay at a more central hotel for the night before being transferred. As we discovered afterwards the only trouble was that the hotel had let out a number of rooms to government bureaucrats who obviously took precedence over tourists.

When we got to the hotel it was far better than the one we had been in previously, howver it was some way out of town. The hotel has a shuttle which should run every 30 mins to drop off and pick up in town. This ran very haphazardly so you should understand that you may well have to walk back or wait an extensive amount of time for your return journey.

Staff were very polite and attentive, however everything is done to "Tanzanian time" so don't expect prompt service or you will be disappointed. The hotel, whilst being a haven of tranquility itself, is in a very poor area and has a large wall and metal gates to keep out the locals. If you do go out, although friendly, the locals do pester you and this can become timresome.

The hotel was very clean and we had no problems with our rooms. The food was of a good standard but you do tend to pay top price for using, what appears to be, the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I love Springlands. I recently spent 8-9 nights there. I was traveling by myself and climbed Kilimanjaro with Zara Tours. I was totally comfortable at the hotel. The staff was excellent, they knew my name and were so pleasant.

I had a tour of Moshi with one of the staff which was great. I could have walked Moshi by myself but it was more insightlful and gave me a better opportunity to see the markets, etc where I would have maybe not gone alone.

Penny in reservations was great, Jesica give a wonderful massage. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I will say ask for a garden room. The first room I had was noisy it was near the garden bar.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank locogringocom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The motel is clean and nice. You cannot ask for better service. There is only one issue that I ran into and that is that all of the rooms are double rooms, meaning that you have a chance of sharing a room with someone else. I usually don't have an issue with that, but if you snore, that can suck. Also, room 74 sucks! It is right beside the bar and you can hear the people late into the night. I didn't have a problem because I was taking Lunesta at the time. Other than that, I highly recommend the motel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo