Springlands Hotel
US$83
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewszara tourskilimanjaro climbbuffet styleshuttle busyour luggagekili triphis teamnice poolbase campkilimanjaro airportfelt safepre and postcommon areasmoshi townzainabguideafrica
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Nice swimming pool and the staffs are cool and they shared good knowledge about the culture and language with the tourist.
Simple bedroom and clean.
Having access easily to get some gear missing for our climbing. Internet access. Zen design outside.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed at Springlands before/after climbing Mt Kilimanjaro. My first room was like something from summer camp at a dude ranch, but it was very comfortable and I slept well. My second room was adorable with iron beds and cute mosquito nets! It was also very comfortable and I slept like a rock! Of course it was the first night in a week I wasn't sleeping in a tent... The staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer "on the spot" tours into the local town. My guide was very knowledgable and provided entertaining and informative descriptions of everything he showed me. The food was adequate - recommend going into town for at least one meal if you have to be there for more than a couple of days.

Room Tip: I was in room 67 after my climb. It got full afternoon sun so the room was warm, but cooled off nicely for sleeping with the fan on.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stayed at the Springlands Hotel before and after my climb up Kilimanjaro in December 2012 and January 2013. The employees are all very friendly and helpful. My first room (room 9) was very nice, but I heard a squeeky noise all night, and was told the next morning that the room was above the noisy ice machine. I was immediately given a quiter room. I was too jetlagged the next morning and missed breakfast, and employees went out of their way to get me a cup of coffee when I was awake. The young restaurant staff is more than kind. One is seated with other guests at meals, which is a good way to meet other people. The rooms are simply furnished and clean. The electricity is more on than off, but that is the case everywhere in Tanzania. Meals are simple and delicious. all meals are buffet style. The garden bar is very pleasant.
The only thing that disappointed me is that when Precision Air left my luggage in Nairobi and I was told at Kilimanjaro Airport that my luggage would be delivered to the Springlands Hotel when it arrived the next day, the airport delivered the wrong luggage(completely different from my luggage) to the hotel and I was told I had to pay 60 dollars plus tip for a taxi to the airport to pick up my luggage. I felt the taxi driver was a friend of the man at the reception who wanted to make some easy money. After twelve days, the wrong luggage was still sitting in the Springlands Hotel lobby and nobody had bothered to find the owner.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Thank Frauke Elisabet... R
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed for nights in the Springlands Hotel. First the good thing: The employees are all friendly. But the hotel has seen better times. Especially the rooms are a little shabby and need a renovation. The food is okay, but not very special. The most guests of the hotel are guest, who climb up to the Kilimanjaro. So in the morning, when the people leave it's getting more or less disturbance. The character of the hotel is more like a backpacker than a really hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swissbear07
Zainab A, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Hi,
We sincerely appreciate the comment you posted on Trip Advisor, Springlands hotel page. We have noted your concern about the rooms and kindly note that we usually renovate them during the low season. We are currently preparing for the next renovation and will ensure that more amenities are added to make the hotel more comfortable. You are welcome again to book any activity with us in future.

Regards,

Zainab Ansell.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at Springlands Hotel in June 2011 off and on over a two week period. My husband climbed Kili while I swam, read or walked to the Moshi market. After spending a month travelling from South Africa to Tanzania, we had a good feel for what kind of hotel to expect in this part of the continent. Springlands Hotel is clean, the food is more of the simple affair, but it is the staff that is exceptional. I never worried about my belongings, my safety (I spent 7 nights by myself and never worried), or whether I would get sick from the food. One of the staff took us to church with them on Sunday! Several other staff members helped me buy flowers in the village then drove me out to meet my husband at the end of his trek. The owner is an amazing Tanzanian woman (that fact alone is exceptional) that treats her staff with such respect that it is passed down to us the guest. It is a no frills hotel (the only TV is in the lounge, the phone is at the front desk and there is no A/C) but comfortable, safe and clean and you will be well taken care of by the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel face the dirt road and can be dusty and noisy but what a view of Kilimanjaro and the interesting traffic that passes. Rooms on the east side were next to a dance club that went all hours of the night, when it was open.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple