“Out of this world staff, and good starting point for Kili”
Review of Springlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moshi
Springlands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Moshi
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I could not be more happy with Springlands Hotel and Zara tour staff! From the beginning, they were extremely helpful in organizing everything, from bus rides to and from Nairobi, as well as a good hotel in Nairobi to stay the night when we landed. Everyone does everything possible to help even in a situation - we had troubles getting out of Nairobi because of a fire at the airport, and Zara staff organized for us a pickup and hotel in Nairobi at a moment's notice. The employees are people you can trust with your life.

The food was very decent, different every day, and a friendly chef who will even make specialized meals upon request. There is a nice outdoor eating and drinking area where waiters come with menus and have a sign to pay system to make payments easy so you don't have to carry around cash the whole time. There is free wifi throughout the hotel, but it fades out in some of the rooms.

The rooms are fine, enough to provide a great night's sleep after a long week on Mt. Kilimanjaro. It has your mosquito netted beds, hot showers, and the works - nothing overly luxurious, but sufficient. The cleaning ladies do a great job, and quickly.

They can organize trips to Moshi town that you should definitely take advantage of. You can get a tour guide or just explore by yourself, since the city is very safe. The shuttle bus is something like 1 dollar each way.

We rented ski poles, sleeping bags, and gloves from Zara for the climb. The poles and gloves were fine, the sleeping bags were a little thin but not unbearable. Our guide was wonderful and we all became close by the end of the trip. I recommend without a doubt Zara for anyone who wants to climb Kili!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank skyliner927

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This is a great hotel to stay, the rooms are very clean and there is plenty of hot water, the room itself is very eye pleasing. As for the service, it was excellent, the staff were very helpful and couldn't have done a better job to make our stay better.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had a fantastic stay at Springlands hotel. We were climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and we were able to leave any excess baggage until our return. Any items we forgot were available to rent. The lunch and dinner were very good value. The staff were really nice and helpful. We climbed with Zara tours. The care and motivation we had from our guides Abely and Richard during our climb was unbelievable and our porters, cook and waiter were super too. We couldn't have succeeded in reaching the top without them, it was an unforgettable experience. I would recommend them to anyone wishing to attempt Kilimanjaro :-)

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Had an excellent stay at Springlands in July 2013, staying before and after my Kilimanjaro climb (machame route) The hotel staff were absolutely amazing, could not have done enough to help, as well as trying to teach us some Swahili! A teammate came off the mountain quite sick, and the staff were so caring and concerned. Very clean and comfortable rooms, food was excellent, lots of carb-heavy meals for climbers! Zara tours were fantastic, for the climb and arranging trips into Moshi, the guides we had for every trip were friendly and really knowledgeable. Felt very safe in the hotel, and the pool was a welcome relief from the heat! Would definitely recommend to other climbers and holiday makers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Zainab A, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Hi Steph,
We really appreciate the comment you posted on TripAdvisor, Springlands hotel page. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your trip with us especially from our hotel staff, We will be more than glad to host you again in future.

Best regards,

Zainab Ansell

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Zara Tours and Springlands Hotel are excellent. I had excellent care from my guides, John K, Joseph, Emmanuel, Samwell, Dashi and many others. The cooks, waiters and porters are excellent and worked to ensure my successful climbs of the three mountains. Everyone is super friendly. They went out of their way to make sure my five weeks in Africa were the trip of a lifetime. I started the first sixteen days of my trip with a large group. The last three weeks I was a solo traveler climbing Mt Meru, Mt Kilimanjaro and Mt Kenya. Zara Tours planed all of my trips including the shuttle bus to Nairobi. The pickup and drop offs were all incredibly smooth and as a single older woman, I did not have any time that I was concerned about my safety. All the services are great. The laundry service is amazing getting the safari dirt out of my white hat and dirt out of my hiking clothes (several times, as I completed various treks and came back to Springlands to rest and prepare for my next trek). The food is very good with wonderful fresh vegetables and fruits. I especially loved the potatoes, rice and green beans. I would recommend Zara Tours and Springlands Hotel to any travelers. With the large group, I stayed at the Serengeti and Ngonrongoro Crater wild camps run by Zara. The Ngonrongoro wild camp is very plush with a beautiful view of Lake Easyi. I would recommend Yesaya to plan your trip. He planned all my treks including some last minute changes when I was in Tanzania. The owner Zainab gave me a Zara tours T-shirt to wear on the shuttle to Nairobi and took time to inquire about about treks. The service is excellent and very personal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Dear Linda,
We sincerely appreciate the comment you posted on the TripAdvisor website, Springlands hotel page. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your trip with us, with a particular recommendation of our Kili guides and reservation staff. You are welcome again to book any activity with us.

Regards,

Zainab Ansell.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We stayed at Springlands in July 2013 as our stop before doing the Kilimanjaro "Marangu" Route climb. The staff at the hotel were extremely warm, friendly and helpful. We especially loved the waiters.The rooms were tidy and the food was great! We used Zara Tours for the climb. Msafiri and his team were outstanding! They were so helpful and made sure our needs were met throughout the climb. They even gave us tea at Gillman's Point! Highly recommend using Zara Tours and ask for Msafiri and his team. We also stayed at Springlands at the end of our spectacular climb, and the pleasure to meet the owner who also happens to own Zara Tours. She is such an inspiration and was so kind and friendly to us. Her sister who works at the hotel was also wonderful. Overall a fantastic experience!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MaryLou S

Hi Mary,
We sincerely appreciate the comment you posted on TripAdvisor, Springlands hotel page, We are happy to know that you enjoyed your trip with us, especially with Msafiri and his team. You are welcome again to book any activity with us.

Regards,

Zainab Ansell.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

The reception staff were absolutely awesome. They really went the extra mile for me and my two companions.
They were so genuine in their approach and it was plain to see that the service they delivered was due to how they felt about people and not what was expected of them from the organisation.
Zara, despite being a very busy Manageress, made sure she role-modelled expected behaviour and always made time for people.
I would truly recommend this hotel, if you are going to trek Kili- your gonna need all the love and comfort when you return!

Room Tip: Rooms in the block where the bar is....not suitable if your looking to get to bed before 12a.m!