“Great Staff”
Review of Springlands Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moshi
Springlands Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Moshi
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Springlands. The staff at the hotel was amazing and we had an even better time on the Mountain with our guides. Top notch service. I would highly recommend Springlands Hotel and Zara Tours to all of my friends.

1  Thank Jake303970

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have traveled to Tanzania twice now, and both times I have had incredibly positive experiences with both Springlands and Zara tours. The staff are kind, considerate and take the time to really make sure your stay is comfortable and welcoming. I enjoyed practicing Ki-Swahili with the staff who patiently helped me with pronunciation. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the facility was safe and friendly and I loved that there are shuttles to and from town for ease and convenience. I found the Zara guides to be well informed, efficient and wonderful at planning my trips around town and of course, up Kilimanjaro. I felt safe and confident both on and off the mountain. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Springlands and Zara Tours staff for such a wonderful experience in Moshi, Tanzania. I have already recommended Springlands and Zara to my friends, and I will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back, away from the front gate are a bit quieter.
2  Thank TravelBucy
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I am a high school teacher in Colorado, USA and this was my third trip back to Tanzania. This time, I brought eleven 16-year-olds and two other teacher chaperones to climb Kilimanjaro and volunteer at an orphanage for a week. I chose to stay at Springlands instead of in town (which I lived in locally for a month during the previous year) due to the following reasons:

A. There is guaranteed water pressure and a back-up generator at Springlands.
B. The staff is the most friendly, well-versed in tourism, and accommodating in all of Moshi.
C. It has a touch of "Westernism" - this helps with culture shock in the first few days.
D. The grounds are beautiful, and you can order a variety of beverages anytime you want!
E. The rooms are cleaned well, and every other day.
F. And finally, the owner of the establishment is well-respected throughout town; she is an entrepreneur that gives 10% of her earnings to local charitable causes.

If you book with them, ask for Yesaya - he is the best at what he does and his English is excellent!

Finally, if you climb the mountain, PLEASE book through Zara Tours (same company as Springlands hotel). I have been on the mountain three times, and all three times, I was involved in a medical semi-emergency or rescue of a climber who was NOT with Zara Tours. It's frightening how little medical and emergency training some of the other companies require. Zara guides speak the best English on the mountain, have been extensively trained, and only place men as head guides after they've proven themselves in all the other mountain capacities previous. Zara is absolutely the safest and most qualified company operating on Kilimanjaro and Meru. My favorite guide: Frank Njema Maro - he's hilarious, kind, and is one of their most seasoned. Request him for a guaranteed positive experience.

6  Thank FemaleClimber
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Springlands hotel was a very comfortable and welcoming place in a land very different from my own. The staff was generally very helpful and the food was above average. Never got sick from the food/water although someone on our hiking team did - overall seemed very clean.

Couldn't really have asked for a better home base when climbing Kilimanjaro; would have been a different story if we went here to go on vacation alone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed here for a total of 4 nights, before and after Kilimanjaro.

The rooms were clean and had a functioning bathroom and comfy beds. Not much storage and yes there aren't TVs but I didn't really want one, tip: read a book or visit Moshi!!!

The staff were really pleasant and I also had a massage there which was reasonable and very good! (Thank you Merry!)

One point I will mention is the food which is really poor and MUST be improved.

I enjoyed my stay here, the hotel grounds are lovely and I felt very safe due do the 24 hour guard at the gate, the pool area is good too and never too busy.

The hotel shop seems cheaper than other places in Moshi as we found that in Moshi they just told you a high price because we are westerners.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Zainab A, Owner at Springlands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Priddy,

I wish to extend my heartfelt congratulation for making it to the roof of Africa! It is indeed a tiresome and psychologically demanding task yet fulfilling.

It is also our humble request that whatever had happened should not ruin your fulfillment and joyous feeling for making this historic climb.

At Zara Tours we are very thankful and appreciative for your constructive recommendations on our overall facilities and services specifically Hotel, Rooms, Hotel shop, pool, Staff, Massage, Security, and everything else you have enjoyed.

At, ZARA we are committed towards providing you with the best experience in every aspect of your trip with us. Please be assured that we take very serious measures on food improvement.
You are most welcome and looking forward on serving you once again.

Yours very sincerely,

Zainab Ansel

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at Springlands Hotel for 2 nights after our safari trip. The hotel was perfectly adequate but not luxurious (we were not expecting it to be). The food was good and plentiful and the staff helpful. The hotel is a bit off the beaten track and is walled, so you do feel a bit restricted in your movements but we did 3 outings - a guided trip to Moshi with one of Zara's guides (good), a forest walk to the nearby woodlands, ricefields and village also with one of Zara's guides (excellent - we are birdwatchers and got the chance to see a lot of birdlife) and our third outing was a visit to the nearby orphanage (which is supported by Zara) - puts everything in perspective! These kids have very little but the team who run the orphanage is trying to give them a decent life with food, a roof over their head and not least of all good schooling. If you stay at Springlands, ask to pay a visit to the orphanage and give them some support.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NormaAndersson
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

If you booked your mountain trip with Zara tours then unfortunately you'll end up in this very bad hotel.
I have spent 2 nights with my wife there, let me start by saying the room is very old and has no style what so ever. Just by looking at the useless cheap shelves you can tell that the hotel keepers try to make the room (looks) clean while it is absolutely not, by smelling the bed covers you'll discover right away that it has not been changed after the last guest, or at least this is the impression that i got! the room had mosquitos, despite the tiny mosquito net on top of the king size bed both of us were bitten. All rooms has no TV, and no telephone to call the reception if you ever needed anything, the toilet is extremely old and tiered out, you cant take a shower directly or without planning as you have to switch the heater on first, and once you take a shower you'll fill the whole bathroom floor with water as there is no boarders to the shower box to limit the water from flooding out. Every one in the hotel asks you for a tip, as if they have been told by their management to do so, which is very irritating for the guests, the hotel has a shop that has a some useful things however they sell stuff more than 3 times the price, for example the Kilimanjaro 1.5 liter water bottle, that coasts less than $0.5 just outside the hotel, you'll get it for $1.5!!
I got the impression that the hotel management unfortunately doesn't care about developing the hotel, or improving their service quality, nor raising the salaries of its employees so they would stop asking for tips, even though we pay them good daily rate that is enough to solve all of the above problems, but from what I saw they only care about increasing their own cash, in addition waiting for our trip to climb the mountain we end up having our lunch and dinner in the hotel, because we had no other choice due to the isolated location of the hotel, literary in the middle of no where.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple