“Great Place to Stay”
Review of Parkview Inn

Parkview Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Moshi
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed here on business and had over one week in the hotel over a period of 3 weeks and it was excellent. The rooms were clean, the water was hot and the staff were really great. The Wifi is a little slow when there are many guests, but that is an issue throughout the country so, not really a hotel issue. If I wanted fast internet I could go to reception and sit next to the router. I would definitely recommend this place

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This is good hotel in the center of Moshi. Goof location, fine restaurants and shops nearby (can go by foot). Big quite rooms, small pleasant pool, great staff. You can really relax before your demanding activities in the mountains here. It is safe to leave your documents and money in their safebox while climbing, as well as additional lugage.

Beds are very covenient (for these who like hard matress). So only disturbance is some noise from nearby gardens - if one consider birds singing to be a disturbance.

Room Tip: As for bigger room in the main building, room sizes vary
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this Hotel as the location to start our climb of Mt Kilimanjaro. The stuff was very friendly and helpful. Most issues were resolved immediately. The rooms were large and clean. Warm water wasn't an issue and power was also almost always available. The Hotel had its own security guards and you can leave your luggage at the Hotel during your climb.
The food is good. My vegetarian friends were also satisfied. The prices are a little bit more expensive than in regular restaurants though. When booking tours and extending your room I would recommend to haggle as the first price is usually way to high.
Wifi is free (but a tad slow and unreliable). There is also a small library of books in various languages in the reception room. If the weather is right you can have a good view of Mt Kilimanjaro from the top level.

Room Tip: A few of the rooms are facing the road. I wouldn't recommend those.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Experience was good overall. We stayed as part of a tour package for a total of four days. We had a range of rooms from huge to small.

Pros:
Clean and well kept
Staff was amazing, especially the wait-staff and Zack the maintenance man
They had a bag check to store bags for a Kilimanjaro climb
Free Wifi (although slow)
Close to downtown, restaurants and shops
Food was good (although it took 45 minutes to prepare)
The pool was a popular place to sit and to dine

Cons:
Beds were super hard and there was only one flat pillow per bed
We had three different rooms and only one had hot water (33% rate is disappointing)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I loves staying here! The staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I felt very safe here and treated well. I would recommend staying here. I was travelling by myself and enjoyed the time that I spent here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very friendly hotel near the centre of Moshi. Nice food and clean rooms. Stayed a day before and a day after climbing Kilimanjaro. They also arranged a short safari for us at short notice. Only slight issue was not much hot water in some rooms, but they moved people who asked to be moved to different rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

3 centrally located close to Moshi town centre
4 Quiet rooms
5. Aircon worked and was free

Negatives
1. Loads of tiny pinhead sized bugs that moved really quickly and liked to be in drawers or on walls near crumbs of food dropped.
2. I cannot be certain but I think the receptionist tried to con me out of $50 dollars when I was paying my bill. A man came in and both me and my friend looked away from the receptionist as she said something to him. Luckily my friend had checked the amount for me before we went to reception and the $50 bill turned then up under the calculator when she insisted that the money was correct. I may have been a coincidence but just be vigilant.
3.The food was awful. Greasy food was the norm and when I ordered soup it seemed to be a thin watery "cuppa Soup" type of consistency.
4. Do not pay for half board. B&B cost $80pn and Half Board $116 for two people. On the first night we were told that half board included an evening meal to the value of $30 for two people. When I questioned this they "checked" and confirmed that it should be $36 for two people. I decided at that point to swap to a B&B basis as the food was so bad I wasn't eating much.
5 Finally I should mention that the beds were really hard with no give whatsover. I woke up each morning with a bad back.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quietest. Ask for a mosquito net on arrival as they are slow to provide these.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mags733
PVIMAdmin, Manager at Parkview Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Parkview Inn takes all guest feedback seriously. We have investigated this complaint and were unable to verify these claims. The room has been checked staff related issues investigated.

The vast majority or our hotels review are extremely positive. We will let out our establishments long term track record speak for itself. We have a 4 star rating on TripAdvisor and strive to reach higher.