Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge
Green Hills Lodge(Karatu)(Great Value!)
US$100
Travelocity
Crater Rim View(Karatu)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$84
  • Pool
US$43
US$40
Hostel Ebeneza(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
US$43
US$40
US$115
US$58
Jambo Rooms(Karatu)(Great Value!)
US$25
  • Breakfast included
andBeyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge(Ngorongoro Conservation Area)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Highview Hotel(Karatu)
Travelocity
  • Pool
Lake Manyara Wildlife Lodge(Lake Manyara National Park)
All reviewshot waterviewing deckfantastic viewsbuffet styleenjoy the viewrestaurant staffsafari packagelounge areacrater viewbreakfast and dinnerearly morningpublic areaslodgerimelectricityngorongorotelescope
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nice hotel with magnificent views. Rooms are small but standard for a hotel and all have a great view of the crater. There was a nice hot shower! You can charge electronics in your room, but the power turns off at midnight. Food was just ok, but the staff is friendly and the service was good.

I was happy to see a safe in the room, but couldn't get it to work, when I spoke to the front desk about it, they said that none of them work. (then maybe you should remove them)
You have to pay extra for Wi-Fi in the lounge area, but the connection is very slow and probably not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Beatiful situated lodge with splendid view over the crater. Even though many tourists visit the place hotel staff very friendly and helpfull. All rooms facing the crater, so does the balcony and restaurant. Good food and cosy fireplace for a drink. Pity you only stay there during the night and have to leave so early folllowing morning. Fact that the hotel lies on top of the hill only has one disadvantage: no gameviewing close to the hotel and no waterhole where you can spot game during the night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were in a party of 30 for our safari. This was our 4th night of our tour stop and this place was just amazing. They greeted us at the door. The check in process was by far the fastest on the trip for a party of our size. I had a roommate so we had a twin beds in our room. No problem with that. As you look at the giant windows and see the crator floor. We had to keep in mind that most lodges in the Sarangeti area that we stayed at had hot water only at certain times as well as electricity. Not a big deal but do be aware. We had the buffet dinner that evening and everything was great. No complaints. I would bring my wife back to this lodge. They had some African musicians playing during the evening. Just added to the experience. I love talking with the employees of the lodge. Great experience!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Location! Location! Location! we pay USD500 per night with a standard twin room, so expensive! the lodge locates on edge of Ngorongoro with amazing view. Terrace is beautiful in sun rise and sun set. Food is good, dessert is pefert

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I stayed there one night in mid Oct 2013 when I was a 6 day trip with Basecamp. The lodge common area is ok as it has a wonderful view of the crater especially in the morning when the sun rises. But I find the room old and dated. Regardless I will not say it is a bad experience, it was average. If I have to rate it, I will liken it to a 3 star hotel. I stayed in Tarangire Safari Lodge, this hotel, WildFrontiers (tents) in central serengeti and Mbalageti Lodge in western serengeti and this is not the worst. I will rate it at No.3 (1 being the best). I will review the other lodging I had stayed, go read them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends