This lodge has a spectacular view of Ngorongoro Crater - and that is its only real asset.
1) towels were not available upon check in
2)power outage for about 1/2 hours before dinner
3)wifi is not free - $10 for an hour - did not work and had a terrible time getting refunded.
4) bar waitress would not allow me to charge my drink order to my room - insisted upon cash - said check out in the morning would be too busy to reconcile my bill
5) restaurant is like a high school cafeteria - buffet style, but no seating assignment - people grabbing tables, moving tables and chairs around. Could not tell if a table was occupied or had been vacated. Staff had hard time keeping ahead of the mess.
6) had to wait for clean coffee cups during breakfast.
7) food is mediocre - pork chops so tough I could not cut them.
8) Driver/guide facilities are also lacking - very small rooms, no towels provided, and eating area so small that some must stand to eat their dinner - unacceptable!!
This faciitiy is not worth the money - would suggest another facility in the area - others also have great views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge is dramatically perched on the rim of Africa’s Eden, affording unbelievable views plunging down over the crater floor, 7,500 feet above the sea level. The Lodge is elegantly built mainly from natural stone and local wood and timber, harmoniously merging with its natural surroundings, and it is provided with panoramic windows that encompass superb views of the crater’s great bowl. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Hotel Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Ngorongoro Wildlife Conservation Area