“Great stay”

Pullman Hotel
Ranked #6 of 649 Hotels in Guiyang
“Great stay”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Had a great stay here in July this year, excellent western food in the restaurant, was really a pleasant surprise after 5 weeks of Chinese food.
Big modern rooms with tub and a large TV.
Had a great view from my deluxe room.
+ English speaking staff!
5/5 would stay again next visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
PullmanGuiyang, Public Relations Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Pullman Guiyang!

We feel very good to hear that we have been to your expectations with all our services and facilities, especially with the wide varities of dishes available in our western restaurant and the quality of our room and the amenities provided.

Nice to hear that you have been able to communicate easily with our bilingual staffs.

We request you to share your experience at Pullman Guiyang with your friends and relatives.

It will be our pleasure to serve you again on your next stay.

Sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

While Guiyang is a very lovely Chinese city, where the weather is great and mild even in the summer time, it is a big disappointment that there exists such a facility, which claims to be Pullman.

Firstly, the location - it is located next to a traffic junction, but to get a taxi there to go anywhere is pretty complicated and usually requires at least 30 minute waiting time. There are no stand-by taxis like many other Chinese 5-star hotels have.

Check-in. The agent named Alice seemed pretty clueless and with very limited English vocabulary. I had booked their Executive Superior room, which according to their official website seems to be just one level before Executive Suite and as Le Club Accorhotels Platinum member a logical one-category upgrade would be into a suite. But in this property logic does not work. They tried to convince me that there is also another category, called Luxury Executive room, which they would like to offer. Funnily, however, this category does not exist on their official websites. Their assistant front office manager, Penny, tried also to convince that this is the only thing they upgrade for Platinum (as well as Gold) members. Finally after arguments for half an hour, I got to the room I had originally booked (and was waiting for getting the details of General Manager to discuss the matter with him/her) - also on the floorplan of the floor it was easily seen that basically all rooms are of the same size.

During the check-in I also asked Alice the overview of benefits on the executive floor and when and what is offered in the executive lounge. She insisted that she can't tell that, but that there is information about that in my room. However while in the room I could not read about it anywhere.

During the check-in I also asked Alice to organise me the business card of General Manager of the hotel, which was promised to be delivered in 10 minutes.

Half an hour later, ca 15:30 I got a call from someone, who introduced himself as "welcomer" of the hotel. He tried also to convince me that the room is good also without any upgrade and they are still working on getting hold of the manager. I also asked also about the executive lounge benefits paper, which he promised to organise in 15 minutes....

Time went and went... and finally I gave in and went upstairs to the lounge at ca 18.15 to see what's going on and if they offer the evening drinks and snacks already (usually in Chinese hotels they are served in lounges for 2 hours around 17:30/18:00 to 19:30/20:00) to only discover that in that particular hotel they serve them only from 15:00 to 17:00 (i.e. at a time when most of the people would be out in the city).

I went down and really insisted the manager to talk with, do discover how things can be so unprofessional in this hotel. Then Penny said that manager has already left... And finally after insisting few more times I got also a paper stating the benefits of executive floor, so that I would at least not miss breakfast the next day (which they serve until 10:00).

Penny also offered to arrange some snacks later as alternative, but as my companion found that they are very unreliable in filling their promises, then we'd better have dinner in the city.

Penny also promised to ask PA of the manger to arrange a meeting for next morning, so I could have direct feedback. However, next morning of course, they had not done that. However, I got a call from someone who introduced himself as deputy manager and was also justifying how good they are that Pullman Guiyang is creating fake room categories and I should be happy with the non-exisiting "Luxury Executive room". I was also insisting getting hold of the real general manager, but that guy said that he provides his business card during my check-out..... and during check-out naturally there was not even a trace of any of that.

When waiting for the taxi in the lobby, however, I met Jonathan, the Director of Rooms, who said that General Manager is today busy as the owners of the hotel are visiting the hotel to check how they are performing....

Dear General Manager, if you happen to read this review - would be finally great to hear from you if you are anyhow informed how unreliable your staff is and how good they are in alienating Platinum members of your frequent stayer programme?

All others, better keep away from this place.

Management of Pullman brand - you should exclude this hotel from your portfolio as they do not deserve to carry this name.

PS. Regarding breakfast - it was pretty average in the main restaurant, mostly catering Chinese breakfast selections.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tango-Xpress
PullmanGuiyang, General Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Please allow me this opportunity to apologize for inconveniences that you experienced during your stay on 30th of July 2013. We obviously did not meet your expectations and I appreciate your comments and remarks on our hotel facilities and services.
Concerning the room category on our official website, if you check our website again, you will notice that deluxe room is the next level after superior room but not a suite. When you check the price, the difference is noticed too. You are entitled to Platinum Le Club benefits, thus your room was upgraded from Superior to Deluxe as this is a standard for all Pullman Hotels.
Regarding the Executive Floor benefits, my staff provided information to your lady companion who did the translation for you. There seems to have some miscommunication in this regard. However, thank you for pointing out the lack of English communication skills of our front desk staff which we are currently addressing.
Our Happy Hour time of 2 hours at the Executive Lounge is a Pullman standard but we provided additional extension of time to meet your requirements. In spite of this, you did not avail yourself to lounge facilities.
I regret not meeting you due to prior commitments. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit in Guiyang as we are confident that we can provide you the level of service you expect from a Pullman Hotel.
Guiyang, China
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed there with my partner for the third time already. The hotel standard is increased every time. Attractive room, soft bed, clean everything, great breakfast and most important are the very nice foreign and Chinese service staff. Their Chinese staff's English is quite average tho. We used the business center to print document this time. Very helpful! There is a good dumpling restaurant in the shopping center right close to the hotel. We went there almost every day. Will stay in Pullman Guiyang next time for sure!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanGuiyang, Public Relations Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Guests,

We are extremely glad that you are choosing Pullman Guiyang again and again. Feels good to hear that you liked the room and breakfast and that you have seen lots of improvements in our services and facilities.

We request you to share your experiences at our hotel with your friends and families. Looking forward to welcome you soon.
Guiyang, China
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Excellent choice for your stay in Guiyang.... The room is very comfortable with all the expected amenities.... Large bathroom with rainforest shower and tub. The area around the hotel is not too modern, but there is a local food court street adjacent to the hotel with all the local foods. The hotel has direct access to a great shopping mall with great shopping and restaurant choices. The hotel restaurant has an excellent breakfast with both Chinese and Western choices. The dinner buffet is quite good and room service is excellent also.

I have stayed at this hotel for a few trips and will definitely choose this hotel again when I am in Guiyang. The staff is very accommodating and can communicate in English. The food and beverage manager is a foreigner and the quality of the food is excellent...

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
PullmanGuiyang, Guest Relations Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Dear Guest
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Pullman Guiyang and the facilities that we offer, namely our Food and Beverage. Our staff are very accommodating to all of our guests and we are glad to hear that you were able to communicate with them in English. We are also happy to hear that you enjoy our location in respect to the shopping mall and snack street. We hope that we will see you again in the future when you travel to Guiyang.
Beijing, China
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The location is good and the room is quite clean. There is a nice swimming pool but the opening hour is a little bit short. Perhaps not many people come to enjoy it. The service is very good. The equipments in the room is farely good.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

PullmanGuiyang, Public Relations Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, rooms and service of our hotel. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our swimming pool and we will look into the posibility of changing the swimming pool operaton times
Suzhou, China
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We are a Chinese and Foreigner couple. When we check out it was Penny who serviced us. When I talked to her, she totally ignored me. She didn't reply me and didn't even look at me. She just wanted to talk to my husband in English to show off her good English and brown nose to foreigners. I'm pretty sure she heard me, because I've asked a few questions. She showed no respect to me at all !!!That is very unprofessional for the receptionist as a five star hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
PullmanGuiyang, Public Relations Manager at Pullman Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We are sorry that you experienced this bad service within our hotel. We have discussed you complaint with our Front Office Department. At the time she was focussed on helping your husband understand our Credit Card Guarantee Policy, our other receptionist that was originally checking you out should have taken care of you, we did not mean to be rude or ignore you. We will use this as training for our staff if this should happen again in the future. We hope that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.