“A haven....”

Ranked #3 of 618 Hotels in Taiyuan
Macau, China
“A haven....”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

One of the best hotels I have stayed at in China - and its not even part of a large global chain (yet). Breakfast, decoration, rooms all good. No complaints at all. Exec floor rooms very good with wifi, iPhone charger, Nespresso maker, posh toiletries, nice shower, etc. Could not have asked for anything more. Exec lounge offers beer etc from 6-8pm, and soft drinks all evening. The downtown location next to the park is nice, but Taiyuan doesnt offer much in the way of bars and restaurants to foreigners. Hotel is new, so English and service still coming up to speed, but still on a par with most 4-5* Chinese hotels. I cant imagine there is a better place to stay in Taiyuan.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank carrisi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I have been coming to TaiYuan for work for the last two years. Each time I dread which hotel my supplier will put me up in. Not anymore! Wanda Vista is the Only place to stay in TaiYuan. It is a brand new hotel which certainly impresses the eye. It's lobby is just breathtaking with a huge chandelier and a golden portrait of the famous Jinci Temple. It has 3 fabulous restaurants that I could find no fault in. The Japanese restaurant was unbelievable, the tuna tasted fresh and the pork soba noodles were to die for. I hosted a dinner for my suppliers in the Chinese restaurant and they were very happy. Unfortunately I only had time for breakfast in their western coffee shop. Wide range of choice, real bread ( not sweet) and tasty melt in your mouth Danishes.

Rooms were spacious, clean and had all the mod cons including iPod dock. They have the usual international TV stations so a lonely night in the room was not so bad. The staff are very friendly and keen to help. I was very surprised with the high level of English spoken by most of the staff. The concierge staff were amazing, always ready to help out a foreigner with a problem. Well done! I am now looking forward to my next trip to TaiYuan.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank tjstorck
Beijing
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Quite new hotel, even with strong decoration pollution smelling. Reception staff attitude is good, but experienced the malfunction of invoice machine while checking out. Good selection of breakfast, but service is just so so.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ken_BX1
Vivian L, Manager at Taiyuan Wanda Vista Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
We very much appreciate your feedback and your kind comments regarding our service and offer our sincere apologies for the malfunction of the invoice machine during your checkout and for the new decoration odor.
I notice you stayed with us just one Month after our opening and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress. I am pleased to say we have now well and truly dealt with any unpleasant odors and you will be free to enjoy our beautiful Hotel and the great service we have become known for and that we continue to improve every day.
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed at Wanda Vista in Taiyuan Shanxi when I participated in an International Yang Style Tai chi Chuan Tournament in August.
The hotel is new and wonderful. Great rooms, luxury decorated and a nice breakfast.
People who work there speak English what is rare in China.
I recomended it for sure. Amazing stay!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank 303546Silviarg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taiyuan
Pullman Taiyuan
#4 of 618 in Taiyuan
Wutai Mountain Marriott Hotel
Wutai Mountain Marriott Hotel
#1 of 96 in Wutai County

Been to Taiyuan Wanda Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!