“Attempting Good still need to improve”

Ranked #8 of 55 Hotels in Ajmer
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Hai, property was not as bad as appearing from outside how ever interior and room's were good still at the service part they need to improve a lot because that is what actually counts at the end.It seems that rooms are generally not at full occupancy so there maintenance and cleanliness was also a concern for average rating.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BADALA A
ManuVashishth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Mr Badala,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We have taken a note of your feedback and will look at the areas of improvement. I request if you could send me some additional details about your stay and the points that you noted on my below mentioned e mail id so that we are able to target specific areas/services which as per you require uplift / training.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel on 26th & 27th January, 2014. The location of the hotel is good. The food is okay. The bathrooms were not found very clean. The hot water supply was found defective. The colour of the hot water was brown as it is supplied through Rusted GIC Pipes. The house-keeping-staff was helpless in this matter except apologizing for the inconvenience caused. We could not take bath on 28th January, 2014 as it was cold enough that day and it was not possible to take bath with the cold water..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Satish8471
ManuVashishth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Mr Satish,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. I apologize about the inconvenience you faced about water in your room in my hotel. Sir first of all let me clarify that there is no water quality issue in the hotel. I regret that you were provided with half cooked information by my staff. Sir the pipelines are of correct quality and they are not the reason for water color. What I presume is your particular room must not have been occupied by few days and hence there would have been some stagnant water in the hot water pipeline which must have lost its color. Anyways on draining it for a few seconds you start getting clear water again. Water in our region is high in hardness and if stagnant for few days can seem unclear. None the less let me assure you that because of this locational issue we are providing RO water everywhere in the hotel including sink, shower, swimming pool etc so that our get the best quality of water anywhere in the hotel. If required I can also send you our latest water testing report of January 2014 to support my statement. I hope you would understand my point and are pacified with the explanation.

P.S - Sir hot water is available from 6 am till 11 pm. During day time (afternoon/early evening) we run hot water from solar plant. I presume that it must have been cloudy during your stay period and that's the reason you must have felt temperature difference in water during day time. The staff is clearly instructed that in case the weather is cloudy they should continue the deasel fired hot water boiler. This complain would not come again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel during official visit to Beawar which is a drive of one hour away. This is perhaps the only good quality hotel close to Ajmer. Located quite outside the city. The same complex houses a McDonalds restaurant & a cinema hall. The rooms are good but the toilet design needs improvement. Restaurant food & breakfast spread is average.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dipankar1971
ManuVashishth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Mr Dipankar,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your overall time at the hotel.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night during our journey from delhi to udaipur. Good decent accommodation. Rooms are well maintained with all facilities. Restaurant is well managed. Food is excellent. Good variety. Location of the hotel is perfect- right in the highway. Perfect for an overnight break journey.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

wonderful hotel ....although situated outside the city, but calm place to stay.....food quality is fantastic and restaurant staff if very good and cooperative. Rooms are spacious with good amenities...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Gaurav,

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is good but lacks in.hospitality and cannot welcome us on our arrival they also try to cheat foreigners but some service members were good but not good buut price offered was very less and food was full of spices not hood towels was all wet water was cold do not stay if you want to have a great and memorable stay....

• Stayed: December 2013
ManuVashishth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Mr Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

Your feedback is of utmost importance to us. But I am unable to trace your stay record with us. I request you to please note my contact details from below and advise me your stay details so that I can investigate your complaint. However just to let you know that the points that you have raised about hot water, wet towels and spicy food - sir these are operational issues which unintentionally may have occurred. I have a very strong line of sensible and sensitive managers working with me to handle any guest issue during their stay. We expect our guest to speak to us during their stay in case of any problem so that the same is rectified immediately. We have all resources, manpower and intelligence required to tackle any minor/major issue 24 X 7. The towels could have been changed immediately, food could have been replaced with taste as per your choice, hot water temperature could have been raised as its very cold weather now a days in this part of the country. All these decisions can be taken by any manager in a spat of a finger and issues would have been resolved there and then. My hotel's track record says that we have always maintained a guest satisfaction level of more then 80% and that is because we keep interacting with our guest and expect our guest also to speak to us whenever possible. Regarding the second issue of price charged, sir we charge as per the hotel categorization and market acceptability. We are a budget hotel and we maintain rate parity across the year. You would always find hotel rates in a similar budget segment bracket. Lastly I find that you are trying to communicate something about some non transparency towards foreigners by hotel staff, sir i can guarantee you that we are the safest and the most transparent hotel in town. My staff is all young and career oriented. I can vouch for my boys any day. Request you to please do not have any doubt like this in your mind. There must have been a misunderstanding on any matter but there is no one guest till date that has questioned the hotels transparency and I am proud of it.

On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travel bring you back to the area!

ph - 0145 6623456
email - gm@cisajmer.in

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Firstly, the hotel is 15 Km from Ajmer. Good part is it is that the distance is honestly declared upfront along with hotel name. However no instructions were given for reaching hotel.
Here is what I experienced

1) Room was not ready, even when I intimated them in advance. They made me wait.
2) Room interior was good, but surrounding was very noisy due to marriage. But hotel could have given me the peaceful room.
3) Breakfast was mediocre and I found black ants in packed honey bottle
4) Room service food was very costly and most terrible food I had in entire Rajasthan trip.
5) There is MacD in the same complex. So, you are safe that way.

Overall, not worth the money.

Room Tip: 1) Avoid if you are short on time and plan to cover Ajmer and Pushkar in 1/2 days. 2) Check if the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
ManuVashishth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Mr Akbar,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. Your feedback is taken positively. I would only like to request you that sir if the hotel is busy then sometimes some issues may happen which are purely unintentional. The hotel always want to deliver the best to all its guest. I would like to respond to your each point one by one to explain our case better-

1. You mentioned that no instructions/maps are given for reaching the hotel - Sir map and location is available on hotel website / google map. Even on trip advisor the first link on top of page is for hotel website for guest to refer to additional details. We have provided elaborate information for the hotel for guest to first study and then choose us once they are satisfied.

2. Room not ready on arrival - Sir it would be unfair of us to not give you a room of your preference and just give you any room of the hotel just because we were sold out. The hotel had no intentions to make you wait rather the minimum time taken was to give you the best and preferred rooms. I assure you no hotel in the world would want any guest to wait for any service anytime as you/guest are the most important part of our business.

3. Noise level high because of marriage - Sir Indian weddings are renowned across the globe. People want to get married the Indian way and on a resort destination like us. During any marriage function the guest are in a joyous and celebration mood. This mood is something which is integral part of any wedding. I hope you can also relate to any of your family functions and how people are in a happy mood during the event. However we do not allow any over the board activity in the hotel but some noise level is definitely there because of the extensive movement of wedding guest because of their back to back events.So I request that these things are event / culture related and should not be pushed on as the hotel's service flaws.

4. Regarding breakfast issue - Sir my hotel breakfast buffet is the best and the most elaborate breakfast buffet in the city. I serve a total of 17 choices in my breakfast buffet which is more then any other hotel in the city. What I presume is that you must have been served a la carte and buffet must not have been occupied by wedding which must have dissatisfied you. Also we serve natural honey in packed sachets and do not use any bottle. Its a standard so I really cannot comment on any honey bottle as mentioned by you. My idea would say that breakfast issue must have been because of items mix amongst wedding and non wedding guest..

5. Room service food - Sir regarding the rate of room service food please understand that all prices are decided after calculating the recipe cost of a particular dish and adding up the minimum targeted revenue to it. On top of it there is a 20% tax levied by government on food items including service tax and vat. Travel industry collectively is pushing a tax reduction with the tourism ministry. We hope that tax structures would be revised in coming budget and food rates in hotels would come down considerably. Regarding taste I apologize that the food could not match up to your taste. Any food would not satisfy a person unless it pleases all four mind, eyes, flavor and taste. We missed on one and I apologize for the same. We will ensure that next time we ask your preferred taste and cook you as per your preference for your order.

I again apologize for the inconvenience caused and will look into the details of your stay and feedback given by you to work on the areas of improvement. We do await your next visit to change your opinion for us, which I'm sure we will be able to do as we are confident of our team and performance.

ph - 0145 6623456
email - gm@cisajmer.in

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajmer
The Royal Melange Beacon Hotel
#9 of 55 in Ajmer
Ananta Spa & Resorts
Ananta Spa & Resorts
#3 of 47 in Pushkar

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer? Share your experiences!