“Relaxing”

Mansingh Palace Ajmer
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in Ajmer
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I have rated this place very good, although I have noticed a slow decline of hospitality in this hotel. My family & I have always stayed here whenever we have visited Ajmer. The rooms are still clean 7 well-maintained, but quality of food has taken a backseat. Somehow the offer on menu, their tastes & prices do not match up. Everything on offer is oily& takes no account of guests with health problems (given its star rating, it should surely have such a spread!).
The breakfast is disappointing to say the least & often repeated items reminds me of my boarding school day!!
The old staff look unhappy, the young are brash - not happy encounters for guests.

Anyhow, I have had very nice experience as a guest in this hotel many years back - and I hope to hold on to the charm, till the prices seem absurd in comparison to services or (better still) it goes back to its better days!

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lawns at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the Hotel for a night on March 23. The room was large and clean. The staff were attentive. My complaint is with the quality of breakfast.
I had breakfast on March 24. The vadas and bondas were hard and unpalatable. The sambhar was full of salt. The coconut chutney had a burnt after taste. Vadas, bondas. sambhar and chutney are common place foods throughout India and it needs genius to mess them all up at the same meal. I complained about the sambhar. I was heard politely but nothing further was done.
At the neighboring table a family with kids was complaining that the pastry was stale. She was informed that the hotel does not bake the pastries itself buys them from the market!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2014

please dont go to mansingh ajmer....it is not a value for money deal the restaurant service is poor. They charge VAT tax on each and every product you buy instead of applying tax on grand total of the bill.....the menu card is also not good...staff is also unfriendly.....they dont respect the customers. Over all i dont recommend Mansingh palace ajmer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank pranjalpthk
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed here with my family for 2 nights.. It was a very good experience.. Whenever we come 2 Ajmer we always prefer 2 stay at mansing palace.. Probably one of the best hotels in Ajmer.. Breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly and helpful.. Especially mr surya pratap thank you for making our stay peaceful as always!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Riya1609
Reviewed 11 January 2014

i was supposed to stay in Mansingh Palace for 2 days but after staying for 1 day I cut down my stay. The staff behavior is also not good . I inquired phone about rates but they told me rates of standard room and while making payment they charged me for deluxe room. Also rooms are not good. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms near Patel stadium are better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here only for 1 night thankfully and that was 1 too many.
From the moment we stepped into reception to when we left we found the staff to be very unfriendly and very unhelpful. This is definitely NOT a tourist hotel.
We were given no information regarding the services of the hotel, there was no information in the room, and when we asked how to get to nearby Pushka ( the reason for us being here) we were told to make our own arrangements.
The room was very shabby and tired, although it was clean. There was no heating and it took 2 phone calls to get a heater brought to the room.
The breakfast was well below average.
When we requested a taxi to leave we were once again told to make our own arrangements and get something from outside the hotel gates.
I would NEVER return to this hotel, or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Stayed 3 nights here while attending an alumni event in college. The hotels bears no resemblance to any star property. This is the first time i have stayed here. The entire property needs a face lift. The rooms had cobwebs in corners, the bath tub should have been replaced a decade back, the sheets were stained. The staff was extremely hospitable and more than willing to serve. The food (i ordered in room dining) was good. I had to go under a table to locate a plug point to charge my laptop! The phone had to be charged in the bathroom !! This place came recommended as one of the "better " properties in Ajmer, i shudder to think what the other places are like ! The location is good in terms of proximity to the Darga, railway and bus stations, local bazars .

Room Tip: Choose a room which is NOT west facing if you want an effective air-conditioning ......these rooms...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RanjiniM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ajmer
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Ajmer
#3 of 47 in Pushkar
Bijay Niwas Palace
Bijay Niwas Palace
#16 of 54 in Ajmer

Been to Mansingh Palace Ajmer? Share your experiences!