“comfortable weekend break”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Balikpapan
malang
“comfortable weekend break”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I've been stay in Aston balikpapan hotel and residence about 2-3 times in less than 1 year only for leisure. I stay here each week on business. I can honestly say i had a few bad experiences here but on my last stay yesterday. I was really happy when i get upgraded to executive room. These rooms are so perfect with private kitchen, balcony and sea view.
Overall, this hotel is probably one of the best hotel i've stayed with its value and stars .
Beautiful view of the dermaga and sea from our room.
Upon arrival, we were gtreeted warmly by the door man who then directed us to our rooms.After a cozy nights sleep we went own for breakfast where we were shown to a table and attentively waited on by warm waitress serving coffe tea. Then on the breakfast selection -what a choice!! All of the food, from fruit to croissants and pastries to cereal and toast and to a cooked breakfast was execellently presented and tasted delicious! Overall, i would highly recommend this hotel for a comfortable weekend break - what more could you need!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aston B, General Manager at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear gilang01,

I thank you for staying at our hotel and also sending us your mostly positive feedback.
Your good feedback has been shared with our teams to motivate them to work even better in the future.
I look forward to welcome you again in the future at our hotel.
Should there be any concerns with our services, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Joko Pitoyo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Malang, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my recent visit to balikpapan by staying at Aston Balikpapan. Loved the location as I did not have to travel too far for shopping. This is one of the best 4star hotel with really great service and location at Balikpapan. I really impressed with this sea view of this hotel as I was stayed on the 11th floor.
I had a single dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant which name is the East coffee shop and found the food to be reasonably priced and quite tasty.
Overall, this is the exellent hotel to stay in term of cleanliness, service and spa.
Other than that, I really recommend this hotel to those travelling to Balikpapan.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Apriliaizm,

Thank you for choosing Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence for your stay.
I am pleased to read your positive review on our hotel, as our teams endeavor to provide delightful moments of heartfelt service to all our guests.
Our team looks forward to welcome you again at our hotel.

Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed 1 April 2014

A really good place to stay, location wise - it is very central and it provides you with a nice view of the water and the city at the same time
The Service is very good, they are trying to bring some European dishes in the menu and the staff is very polite and attentive to detail

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MinaM4,

I am delighted to read that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel.
We are using your email as a motivation tool for our staff. Their efforts are recognized by our lovely guests.
Should there be any queries in future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone of our staff.

Warmest regards,

Emerald, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Returned to the Aston after 2 years, not much changed but saying that it's not a bad thing. Clean rooms, good service and ok breakfast. Breakfast has heaps of variety so no dramas.

Wouldn't mind if they considered to looking to upgrade the rooms a little. Thanks

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Happy Golffer 4720,

Thank you for choosing back Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residences as your place to stay in Balikpapan.
I am very delighted to read your positive review about our hotel and your overall experience at our hotel.
Our staff has taken your positive review as their motivation to deliver heartfelt moments of delightful services to all our guests.
We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the future.

Warm regards,

Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I'm quite often to Balikpapan, almost once a month, for business trips purpose. Among most hotel at Balikpapan, this aston balik[papan is the best. The location is perfectly strategic. The pool which located on 3rd floor is very nice with its view directly to Balikpapan Bay. Since it's start (I think almost ten years ago), the rooms are kept good as it is new and modern. At last, variety of foods during breakfast is another things that keep me coming back.

But one thing disapponting me is when I can not get single bed room (I do not like double bed). I think the hotel management must add more single-bed room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Badriah 355,

Thank you for choosing Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residences for your stay.
I am very happy to read your good review about our breakfast food and the up-keeping quality of our guest rooms. Your feedback has been shared to our TEAM as a motivational tool for them to keep performing at their highest level of services.

I have noted your strong preference for a single bed, should you make another room reservation in the future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Okay, the title says it all, I was not pleased. When I reached the hotel to check in after a very long day (morning flight, all day of work til 10 p.m.), they said they don't have any booking under my name. I checked back to my office and they said they already booked and the hotel had even confirmed it 2 days back. Hah!
Clearly, they have sold the room - what else. They said there's standard room with twin bed available and so I took it cos I was so tired. And also cos I was in a business trip with guest so I should manage my temper. Dang hard.
The room itself was actually good, clean, except for the ripped wallpaper in the corner and some dirty part in the wall, minor. But it was also small, and with twin bed, so I just moved the bed together to sleep better.
The breakfast selection was extensive. I stayed 2 nights and they prepared different menu so it wasn't boring. Fruits selection is limited, unfortunately. They provide juice corner, egg corner, and cooked dish. Pretty good.
Now upon leaving, I checked out in the morning and there's only 1 person at the front desk, so guests were piling up quickly.
They better fix the damn front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you're non-smoker
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ibu Mia V,

First, I would like to thank you for staying at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residence…

Having read your review, I would also would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.
Our Front Office and Reservations team has worked on the problem since then to ensure that incidents such as yours do not occur again in the future.
We surely hope that the above experience will not stop you from trying our hotel services again. Also, our Front Office Manager, Mr. Hengki, will be ready to assist you with any queries you might have in the future.

Joko Pitoyo

Travellers are raving about these Balikpapan hotels

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

An amazing hotel in the heart of Balikpapan. Spectacular setting and rooms. We were there for a recent wedding. Wedding party at pool side and restaurants was incredible. Pool area was too beautiful. Price not outrageous. Spent two nights in here and it was well worth it. We got the Royal Suite and it was quite large suite. Very modern, very nice sea view.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Dahlia M.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Aston Balikpapan Hotel & Residences.
I am delighted to see that you are satisfied with the overall products and services of our hotel.

We look forward to welcome your friends and family again in the future.

Warmest regards,