“Nice budget hotel”

Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Balikpapan
Derby, United Kingdom
“Nice budget hotel”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Location good for airport access, but a short taxi ride to centre. Clean, welcoming staff, lovely food. The staff are incredibly polite, and try and help as much as they can. The rooms are quite jazzy in pink!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Derby,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We Really appreciate for feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we provide to our guests.

we are very grateful for the very nice comments from both the facilities and services of our team

Happily we are looking forward to welcoming you back at favehotel - Balikpapan.

Niar Husain - Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Samarinda, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Actually, I booked these rooms for my parents when visiting my brother for his new born son. They felt so comfortable, clean & helpful staffs. I choose this hotel because it has an ease access to go & in the centre of city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Ron,
First of all thanks to taking the time to write your comments at trip advisor,
i also thank to you for trust has chosen favehotel to your parents as a place to stay in balikpapan .

Please Receive my gratitude to you and your parents.
we look forward to seeing you again,

Best Regards,
Niar Husain - Hotel Manager.
Magelang, Indonesia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I always find good experience when I stay in this hotel. Pros: attentive and friendly staffs, efficient check in - check out, good price, free internet wifi connection, strong shower with good temperature, spacious room, comfortable bed. Cons: budget hotel with minimum facilities but i found no complaint with this hotel services. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Bapak Alex Santosa,
Please receive my gratitude to you from favehotel balikpapan has been Recommended and chosen as your second home in Balikpapan.
Deepest from our heart , we always glad to serve with you again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a night during bussiness meeting in Balikpapan, June 2014. Checked in at night, reception was 10 minutes quick and direct. Spacious lobby. My room was 205 (2nd floor), unfortunately I got a smoking-allowed room/floor. Room was quite big, wifi was slow, clean bathroom with nice hot shower. Minimal amenities, no minibar, no wardrobe, but quite nice bedlinen. Found some ash leftover from cigarettes near the window. Better not staying on the smoking floor.
There was no easy access to convenient stores nearby the hotels, but many food stalls to choose around.
Breakfast was ok, indonesian tradisionals, juices, bread and free local newspaper. Service responsiveness was a little slow.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Bapak Emil,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel,

For the future of cigarette ashes near a window will not be found again, checking the cleanliness of the rooms and we will improve, as well as with the somewhat slow service we will fix by doing training for staff.

we would be very happy to forward to you returning to visit favehotel Balikpapan.

Best Regards,
Niar Husain - Hotel Manager.
Balikpapan, Indonesia
Reviewed 15 May 2014

good and clean room, additional water heater and coffee/tea in the room will be great..
breakfast - food variance need to be improved, add desserts also favorable... need to immediately refill the empty food storage

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Tiket.com

favehotel M, Manager at favehotel MT. Haryono, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Calade,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel,
Just information for water heater & coffee / tea sachet , we are set up at Deluxe & Suite Room.
and about for food during breakfast, we will improved about the taste and service.
Gladly, we will await for next coming at favehotel Balikpapan.

Dahniar - Hotel Manager
Reviewed 13 May 2014

When hearing the word budget hotel, surely not much of an expectation... Though the hotel was located strategically in MT. Haryono, it'll still only provide accommodation at a minimum level...

Don't expect lavish interior and top notch services..., however prepare only for a decent welcome and just acceptable accommodation. The lobby was nice, compact and sleek, however when you walk in the corridors to your room, don't be surprised to see the windows open and the air is fairly less cool, since the air conditioning system is not provided on the corridor (or maybe it is provided? I couldn't feel it though).

The room was okay... small, but okay... just enough to get some sleep and for a decent shower (although it seems the hot water did not work in my stay). They don't provide hot kettle, however if you need hot water, they provide a hot & cool water dispenser down the corridor #chuckles.

Breakfast was okay, not much choice, but acceptable, food was adequate.

well, I guess it's one of those budget hotels.... What do you expect...?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate for all guest to give feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we provide to our guests.
we will always improve the facilities and improve services for guests who come to the place that feel comfortable staying at favehotel Balikpapan.

We look forward to seeing you again

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My first stay and first visit to Balikpapan.

I was looking for affordable hotel with great location for my trip and Fave MT. Haryono popped up in my search. I've stayed in other fave hotels in other areas before, but this one gave me a pleasant surprise. As I knew what to be expected when checking in to a budget hotel, I was not expecting anything excellent with the price I paid for. I have to admit, I've underestimated the hotel.

Check in process was a breeze, I arrived around 10:00AM at the hotel and got my room instantly without any extra charge for early check in. When I got to the room, I was surprise with how much space they have in the room, it was HUGE!!
Breakfast is good with selections of indonesian food and the taste was surprisingly authentic.

Location is great as it was very easy for me to reach the area where I need to go to.

The only downside is that I was given the room in the corner (the hotel's building is in L shape) and I can literally see and bee seen by other guests in other room across mine, so need to close the curtain the whole time I was in the room.

Room Tip: Ask the reception to give you a room far away from the corners.