Novotel Balikpapan
US$37
US$28
US$72
TripAdvisor
favehotel MT. Haryono(Balikpapan)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$28
Ibis Balikpapan(Balikpapan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbusiness tripholland bakeryswimming poolnice hotelbusiness purposesbusiness hotelroom was spacioussea viewnice viewlobbybathtubassistantgymrenovationrestoasianimprovement
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was so disappointed of this Novotel. The staffs is kind of the rough at the cafe store and they don't clear will in the room n bathroom. Have be staying Novotel all the Asia hotel. This the worst stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank PaulineT55
Balikpapan_novotel, General Manager at Novotel Balikpapan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Warm greetings from Novotel Balikpapan!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and unfortunately your complaint about our services. We appreciate your concern, interest and the time taken to bring these matters to our attention.

We hope this experience will not impair your trust in Novotel Balikpapan and that you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having tried and stayed in almost all hotels in Balikpapan, I choose this hotel for my accommodation every time I visit Balikpapan. The staff, the room, the facilities, location which meet the stars hotel requirements, the foods...especially the breakfast menu that is varied and complete from local cuisine, oriental to western foods are available all the time, this is what I could not find in other hotels in Balikpapan.

Room Tip: ask for room with pool view as you will find an extra great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Novotel Balikpapan!

Thank you for choosing Novotel Balikpapan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Balikpapan and for sharing your kind appreciation with us!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly value our breakfast menu at Square Restaurant.

It has been a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Balikpapan.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed in the hotel 16-19 May 2014 for 3 nights. My room was nothing to complain about, it was a 4-star quality as the hotel is. But my parents' room at level 4 had a wet, chipped wall that is facing the bathroom because of water sipping out. Definitely not even a 3-star quality.

On the night of our arrival we dined late at about 10pm and upon delivering my father's drink the waitress accidentally poured iced tea on my father, to which the waitress apologised multiple times, which we appreciated. Accidents do happen and we understand. But the problem is, the water that was spilled on the floor was not mopped even after 20 minutes, by which time some of us needed to walk away from our seats. Since it was an accident hazard, I wiped the water. The janitor came 15 mins later.

On our check out morning I brought some mangoes to the breakfast cafetaria and asked a waitress to have them cut, as usually hotel staff are not allowed to provide knives to guests for safety reasons. The waitress had the mangoes cut and served to the next table. After I told another waitress that I was the one who brought the mangoes, she took the mangoes from the next table and consulted her manager, wearing a black jacket, and came to me with a plate of mangoes, apologised and said they had taken the mangoes that were still clean, plus mangoes belonging to the hotel. I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and every morning I had breakfast in the hotel cafetaria and never saw mangoes being served, including that morning. I accepted the waitress' apology and politely rejected the dirty mangoes. No way a 4-star hotel is serving dirty food to me, I told myself. Luckily that was my last day in the hotel.

Room Tip: not level 4
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Warm greetings from Novotel Balikpapan!

Thank you for choosing Novotel Balikpapan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Balikpapan and for taking the time to inform us regarding your stay with us.

We have noted your comments about our services. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that we will emphasize on training for the comfort of our future guests. It is feedback such as yours that enables us to reinforce the quality of our service and we really appreciate your constructive comments.

We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again during your next visit to Balikpapan.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This hotel is in a good location in the downtown area of Balikpapan, near to shopping and restaurants. the hotel is large, clean and comfortable with good staff. It has good facilities also, a large pool looking out over the ocean, a good gym and good restaurants. note there is a dress code at breakfast, no thongs/flip flops allowed. It has a good breakfast with a large range of food options. We only had one issue which was we ordered lunch in the lounge bar one day and apparently due to a staff meeting there was no one to cook the food so we waited over anhour for our food in spite of being the only customers in there. Not good service at all. overall though it is a good value option in town close to other amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms up higher and near the front of the building give great ocean views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicklamport

Warm greetings from Novotel Balikpapan!

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Balikpapan.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the room and facilities that we offered and enjoyed your visit in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our products and services as it is what we strive for everyday.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel Balikpapan.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Very grand lobby, a spectacular view, and breakfast is superb, they even serve jamu. Hotel staff are very helfull, i late for my plane schedule fortunately front desk staff inform to me a person that can help me in the airport and i was made it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Warm greetings from Novotel Balikpapan!

We would like to thank you for choosing Novotel Balikpapan as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Balikpapan.

We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and particularly value our hotel.